spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

I am a docent at the Towe Museum, where this car was stored for several years. I also am part of a team that works on museum cars on Thursdays. I did some minor maintenance on this car while it was there. It was removed about a year ago. I had no idea about it's value.

Perry
    '23 Special Six,
    '50 Business Champ,
    '50 Starlight Champ,
    '60 Lark droptop,
    '63 GT R1
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I am a docent at the Towe Museum, where this car was stored for several years. I also am part of a team that works on museum cars on Thursdays. I did some minor maintenance on this car while it was there. It was removed about a year ago. I had no idea about it's value.

Perry
      '23 Special Six,
      '50 Business Champ,
      '50 Starlight Champ,
      '60 Lark droptop,
      '63 GT R1
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champion
      \'50 Starlight Champion
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

All I have to say is, for my five Million, 500 Thousand Dollars, I certainly would demand a stink-n HEATER, especially in a drafty convertible!![:0][:0]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

All I have to say is, for my five Million, 500 Thousand Dollars, I certainly would demand a stink-n HEATER, especially in a drafty convertible!![:0][:0]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, it's a special car, but I hardly think worth $5 Million. I seem to recall a Talbot-Lago ccar selling for $3,500,000 or similar and that was a REAL special car.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Yes, it's a special car, but I hardly think worth $5 Million. I seem to recall a Talbot-Lago ccar selling for $3,500,000 or similar and that was a REAL special car.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I will say that if it's the real deal, I'd be SHOCKED! Ford hunted that car down and bought it 10 plus years ago and it was at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. They did enough to make it driveable (brakes, etc.) but planned to leave it as they bought it. I can't believe they would have sold that car after spending 30+ years hunting it down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I will say that if it's the real deal, I'd be SHOCKED! Ford hunted that car down and bought it 10 plus years ago and it was at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. They did enough to make it driveable (brakes, etc.) but planned to leave it as they bought it. I can't believe they would have sold that car after spending 30+ years hunting it down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Pay a million down and 42K a month for a nice Mustang,
                    To get the mandatory 'Studebaker content' in this thread, it must only upset one to think how Studebaker severely missed its mark with the Avanti only two years before.[V] According to the text, Ford had brand new Mustangs in customers' hands before the actual introduction date:

Mustang Convertible 100212 was sold at Powell Ford in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. The Mustang was preordered by a couple. The dealership delivered the Mustang to them on the evening of the 16th, even though the official first day of sale was the 17th. That makes this Mustang Convertible also the first Mustang sold to the public! Among the extensive documentation is the original Internal Bill of Sale, which indicates on the bottom "Retail Delivery 4/16/64." and is initialed by the Sales Manager. Therefore, this vehicle is not only the first convertible built for sale to the public, but also the first Mustang sold to the public.

By the time the Avanti was truly ready for market many months after its announcement date, interest had unfortunately waned. Once again, it proves having product 'on the shelf' is vital to its success in the marketplace.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Pay a million down and 42K a month for a nice Mustang,
                      To get the mandatory 'Studebaker content' in this thread, it must only upset one to think how Studebaker severely missed its mark with the Avanti only two years before.[V] According to the text, Ford had brand new Mustangs in customers' hands before the actual introduction date:

Mustang Convertible 100212 was sold at Powell Ford in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. The Mustang was preordered by a couple. The dealership delivered the Mustang to them on the evening of the 16th, even though the official first day of sale was the 17th. That makes this Mustang Convertible also the first Mustang sold to the public! Among the extensive documentation is the original Internal Bill of Sale, which indicates on the bottom "Retail Delivery 4/16/64." and is initialed by the Sales Manager. Therefore, this vehicle is not only the first convertible built for sale to the public, but also the first Mustang sold to the public.

By the time the Avanti was truly ready for market many months after its announcement date, interest had unfortunately waned. Once again, it proves having product 'on the shelf' is vital to its success in the marketplace.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Tom - Valrico, FL
                        I agree with Tom, I know musuems sell cars for reasons of there own, but this car is as important to the history of Ford as the Model T. It's not like the "The Henry Ford" needed the money.

Randy_G
                        1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Tom - Valrico, FL
                          I agree with Tom, I know musuems sell cars for reasons of there own, but this car is as important to the history of Ford as the Model T. It's not like the "The Henry Ford" needed the money.

Randy_G
                          1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

I'll save $4,970,000 & buy a restored one instead....Besides, wouldn't the first off the line be in Ford's museum or go to one of the executives of Ford ?? Also, look what the special edition Mustang went for last year at Barret Jackson that Ford kept under wraps until the actual auction, 250,000...this guys dreaming.....

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

I'll save $4,970,000 & buy a restored one instead....Besides, wouldn't the first off the line be in Ford's museum or go to one of the executives of Ford ?? Also, look what the special edition Mustang went for last year at Barret Jackson that Ford kept under wraps until the actual auction, 250,000...this guys dreaming.....

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Working...
                              X