Goliath on the Market Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goliath on the Market Again

Almost didn't recognize him, he's been all sissyfied.

Then:

Now:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Studedude; 04-21-2019, 04:40 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Wow! What difference! Maybe your description is best, to me it looks WAY wimpy'er than it did, does not even Look like a H.D. 3/4 Ton.

I would never have guessed without a Serial Number to match to.

Looks OK though, about all that I think does NOT work on a "C" Cab is that WHITE Roof.

In this Picture it looks like a Bottle opener on the Hood, in others it's a '64 Lark Type Hood Ornament!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	'57  E-12 Red.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1715310 Pretty odd to have an expensive Vehicle on eBay with NO description at all, does not say if it has a THM350 or a 700R4 Overdrive Trans.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-25-2017, 04:54 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's one nice looking 'C' cab!

Comment

Are you sure it is the same truck? It is hard to believe.
        I could live with the white grille, but not the white roof.
        It has a 1964 car hood ornament. What appears to be attached to it is part of something beyond the truck.

EDIT: A lot of the individual items/features look the same. I guess that I just don't want to believe what has been done to it. I know - his truck, his money, but he may pay for that now that he wants to sell it.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Is Sheba lonely?

Comment

Same truck... Honda front park/turn lights, Caddy tail lights, Chrysler bucket seats, faux chrome painted on bed, even the bumper sticker on the back window that was there when I bought it.

'Had a THM350 when I owned it, don't know if that's changed or not.

I think last time it was listed they stated the engine had been rebuilt, don't know why that would have been necessary, it ran fine when I sold it.

It brought either 18.5, or 19.5K when I sold it, IIRC.
            Last edited by Studedude; 04-21-2019, 04:43 PM.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Real bad place for a cat to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                Is Sheba lonely?
                She kinda misses him, but she also likes driving herself. They did make a lovely couple, though.

Attached Files
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Studedude....I swear if I bought the truck from the eBay auction, I'd be turning it back into exactly the way it looked, when you had it. Very nicely done. The current owner certainly didn't do the truck any favors, in my view. John

Comment

Like others have said Goliath was a gorgeous truck when you owned him. Too bad he has been "modified," in a less than positive way. All that said will he find his way home to Arkansas so as not to become an export?
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Still a good looking truck. Not knowing what has happened since it left Dave's care, unless someone offers to fill in the story, there may be good reasons for the "rebuild" on the engine and repaint on the body. For example, if the paint was damaged, white is much cheaper than any color of red. Some folks would rather have "contrast" colors. A matter of personal tastes. For me, on C cabs, I usually like contrasting color on the grills. The only exception is the bulky bubba toothed fiberglass grills that began with the '57's. It has not been my favorite C cab feature and I would not want to bring more attention to it than it already commands. (Just my personal opinion)

Even as it sits, the truck should leave a bold imprint on anyone who encounters it.

Regarding the seller...I checked his "Other items" for sale. It makes me wonder if this is a flipper, or someone who has experienced some financial difficulty (divorce?) He has also listed a couple of other desirable collector cars...check 'em out. By the pricing, it is apparent where the Studebaker falls in his "Value" judgement.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That would be a good lookin' truck if the grille and roof were painted red and it had shiny wheels.

Comment

i like it both ways, though I am not partial to the white roof.

I think the mirrors are the same as what I put on my CE. Very functional but nothing to look at.
                          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

No sale @ $6,601.01.

They need Matt to put together a presentation for them!
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                              No sale @ $6,601.01.

They need Matt to put together a presentation for them!
                              And they need to bring it back to the way that it looked when you owned it.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X