X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studes at Back To The 50's 2017

I saw a few today:

I know I missed at least 4.

Thank you very much for posting these pics. I wanted to go so bad and even had the day off but have too many projects going on. Thanks again for sharing.

Comment

Awesome photos Bob, thanks for sharing.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

After seeing that we took nearly the same shot of the Wagonaire, I didn't think I'd have any pics you didn't get, but found a couple to add.

Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
          After seeing that we took nearly the same shot of the Wagonaire, I didn't think I'd have any pics you didn't get, but found a couple to add.
          Cool! I saw a light blue convertable Lark heading in to the fairgrounds as I was heading out but couldn't get a good look at it because I was being directed out the wrong way.

In the morning I saw a Daytona hauling a small trailer and never saw them again. I also missed a couple of our club members' cars. I saw them but never found their cars. For those who have never been there, the fairgrounds are quite large at 320 acres and there are over 10,000 cars. I criss-crossed the fairgrounds taking those pictures and walked over 5 miles.

Comment

Skinny, being that you also appreciate International Harvester, you have any photos of IH pickups to share?
            sigpic

Comment

My buddy Rick has an IH pickup at the fairgrounds. He should be parked on the left side of the big ramp into the grandstands about 20 yards from the first floor entrance (west side). It's got its original patina. It was his wife's grandfather's on the farm doncha know.

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
                My buddy Rick has an IH pickup at the fairgrounds. He should be parked on the left side of the big ramp into the grandstands about 20 yards from the first floor entrance (west side). It's got its original patina. It was his wife's grandfather's on the farm doncha know.
                Ohh, you betcha! I wont be attending, but it appears to be ideal conditions for this event. By the way, have you seen any Crosleys there? (Crosley, the other post-war Indiana automobile company)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                  Skinny, being that you also appreciate International Harvester, you have any photos of IH pickups to share?
                  Sorry Brent, I must be slipping with no IH pics. Kristi was drawn to Ramblers this year, as they were everywhere.....quite a few shots of those.
                  Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

One of your pics appeared to show a dual carb setup on a '53 Champion?
                    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

We are at the show, but cannot find the Northstar chapter booth anywhere near the posted address on the site. Anyone offer a clue?

Comment

Never mind, I found the guys, but they already broke down the booth.

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
                          One of your pics appeared to show a dual carb setup on a '53 Champion?
                          Yes, the green one. A VERY nice car.

I finally saw a '55 today but only from through the fence as I drove by the fairgrounds. Looked like a Speedster. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            By the way, have you seen any Crosleys there? (Crosley, the other post-war Indiana automobile company)
                            I saw a Hot Shot there this morning.

Comment

Did anyone get the name of the fellow with the Dictator that had been made into a sedan delivery he was parked down by the west end market.Storm clouds moved in and I had to go.
                              He was from Ottawa Kansas.
                              Hawkoner
                              Prescott WI & North Port FL

Comment

Working...
                              X