1931 model 54 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 model 54 coupe

Hello all, havn't been on here in awhile. I have a 1931 model 54 coupe I am building. I have no fenders , running boards or splash aprons for this car and was wondering what other fenders and such would fit on the coupe? Been watching internet for 31 stude coupe but not finding much . Would much rather have a fendered car vs a fenderless. Any help?
    sigpic 1948 M-5 Modified, Dennis Wilson, Algona Iowa

I have some nice set of front and rear from a 1930 I'm sure there the same as 31 or vary Close to the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 32cruisin View Post
      Any help?
      If you are a member of the Antique Studebaker Club, which I hope you are, why not use your free want ad in The Antique Studebaker Review? Also, the original factory Body Parts Catalog, which is available, would help with interchangeability.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the reply, if you are willing to part with them could you send pics to 515-341-1523. I have a friend from there coming to Iowa first of July

Comment

I need a starter for a Model 54 for a man from Norway.
          I have brake backing plates, drums etc and a complete front axle assembly, crank shafts ,steering box , short block for sale for a model 55.
          Robert Kapteyn
          studebaker@mac.com

Comment

A word of caution about using 1930 fenders on a 1931. The information that I am passing on is from my experience only, and based on my 31 President 80R, and may need additional confirmation. When I restored my car more then twenty five years ago, inspection showed the front fenders on the car to be a bit different. I knew that the car had been hit in the RF corner and the frame had to be straightened. While the fenders looked the same and fit the area the same way, they were not the same. The RF fender was maybe and inch and a half longer the other one. In pawing over photos, and judging from the damage to the front end, it became obvious that the shorter LF fender had the correct configuration. At some point the accident must have necessitated that salvaged fender was used for the repair. The upshot was that we cut out a section of the eyebrow of the longer fender and shortened it to match the one that we believed to be the original.

I certainly don't see any of this as a game changer, more a heads up. If the 30 fenders are different then the 31, I doubt that one in a hundred viewers would know the anyway.

Comment

Yes there is a vary big difference .The president fender is it at least 2 foot longer. Then a model 54

Comment

what model were the 1930 fenders on?

Comment

Working...
                X