1950 Champion 4 door in Longview Alberta FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion 4 door in Longview Alberta FS

A friend tipped me off on this 1950 Champion in Longview Alberta so I decided to go and have a look . Any excuse to go look at Studebakers lol .
    The guy was friendly and knows a bit about Studebakers and also has a used shop that he is running out of his house . Kind of a Sanford and son set up .
    Surprisingly the car had very little rust with the floors being quite solid . It supposedly runs smooth and has a 3speed and overdrive . I didn't get to hear it run .
    The interior is totally shot although the dash was intact and looked ok . Bumpers were inside the car along with a lot of other trim parts. Certainly needs a lot of work to get back on the road again . Might be worth it has it has very little rust . Anyways thought I would post it in case someone is interested . The price unfortunately in my oppion is very high . $3500 and he was not to willing to negotiate . If interested or have some questions just post or send me a PM ..

Randy
    Attached Files
    Love my Lark

Prices have a way of coming down. Not to be mean about it but if the present owner is an older person, the heirs will just want to dispose of everything after they are gone.

I went to look at a "Lark" sometime ago. Went to the wrecking yard and it turns out to be an early 53 Champion that was in better shape than this car but a 53 4 door. The kid at the yard said he would call the owner for the price. The crusty old man told me $3000 and he had paid $2,500 and was not going to take a penny less. It is now on CL for $1,000 OBO

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Comment

Yes I'm not surprised Bob.. This guy was close to my age I would think (early 50's) . He was friendly and nice to talk with . He had just picked the car up from a lady who had just lost her husband and just wanted to get rid of it .. He has had it for a couple months . I suspect in time the price might come down . I don't mean to discourage people when I say he wasn't budging on his price just trying to relay what the conversation was like .. I thought maybe 1000 for this car as it would be an excellent parts car or rod project etc ..
      Love my Lark

Comment

Working...
      X