TW issue lark Saginaw in C K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: TW issue lark Saginaw in C K

Anyone know what edition turning wheels covered the lark Saginaw steering box into a C or K.
    I loaned mine out years ago and never got it back. Got another project I need the article for reference.
    Thanks

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ: The article you are looking for is Dave Barnett's "Ross to Saginaw Steering Gear Exchange" on Pages 28-30, with 12 photos/drawings, in the October 1998 Turning Wheels. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you kind sir!!!

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Many thanks for the link, in my files for the 53' coupe.

Jerry

Comment

Wouldn't switching to a Saginaw gear of the same year c/k be simpler?

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
              Wouldn't switching to a Saginaw gear of the same year c/k be simpler?
              It would be a very easy "Bolt on" to use a '53-'55 Champion C or K Saginaw and it's Pitman Arm instead of the Commander Ross, it is a little quicker and a little bit better, BUT it's the same Worm & Sector design and not nearly as good as a Recirculating Ball Type Saginaw.

Ford started using this type by 1954 possibly even 1952, Larks started in 1961.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X