Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Smart guys: Here is a trivia question (and I don't know the answer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Smart guys: Here is a trivia question (and I don't know the answer)

What was the last product (not car) to show the Studebaker name on it from the corporation, and what year was it produced? It would have been some allied product and I'm guessing probably built in the 1970s.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

I think Studebaker Worthington was going into the late '70's.

Comment

THAT would be a REALLY HARD question to answer accurately!
      There is very little actual Proof today of the year some of these products were made or when the stopped using the Studebaker Name or ran out of Nameplates!

It could be a Commercial Refrigerator, a Paxton Supercharger, a Clarke floor machine or a Can of STP, who knows.

I am sure glad the Earth will still be turning tomorrow, if we never find out!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My understanding is that this corporation (Studebaker-Worthington Leasing Corp. - summarized here at https://www.bloomberg.com/research/s...vcapId=1059705), founded in 1965, is the only linear descendant of Studebaker Corporation still in existence, and I would argue their leasing products probably qualify as an answer to your trivia question?

Comment

My latest Annual Report is 1967 & titled Studebaker Worthington Inc whereas the 1966 publication still had Studebaker Corporation as the title.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

1977 Gravely tractors still said "Studebaker Corporation" on the gear shift plate. It's possible that even later ones had the same thing.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

...I can't participate....Disqualified by a requirement in the thread title...Only "SMART GUYS" invited to comment.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                ...I can't participate....Disqualified by a requirement in the thread title...Only "SMART GUYS" invited to comment.
                "Old fart" called me a "smart ass" the other day so I figured that qualified me to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                  1977 Gravely tractors still said "Studebaker Corporation" on the gear shift plate. It's possible that even later ones had the same thing.
                  That's amazing.

As for the comments about Studebaker-Worthington, since it was not a manufacturing enterprise with nameplates on merchandise, it wasn't what I was looking for. Studebaker-Worthington existed into the 2000s.
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                  X