51 Champion Spare Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Champion Spare Wheel

Did the 51 Studebaker Champion spare tire wheel rim come painted in the same color as the body color? If so was it body color on exterior and interior wheel rim surfaces?

My 51 Champion is Comanche Red.

John
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

my '51 has off white/beige-ish painted wheels, but idk if that was factory. i've seen some painted red. (mine look better).
    Attached Files
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Cars shipped with full wheel covers had black wheels. Comanche Red car
      with dog dish hub caps would have Sahara Sand wheels.

Comment

My 52 Commander Tahoe Green had yellow wheels from the factory. I remember seeing a picture in Turning Wheels many years ago about a bunch of cars in the factory lot that had different color wheels on the 1952 models. I guess unless you are going to show the car for judging, paint the color you want.

By a show of hands, how many judges are up on all wheel colors for all years?

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

Paul - my car has full wheel covers, was the black a gloss or flat color. Black would be easier for me since most car paint shops will not mix anything less than a quart.
          sigpic
          John
          63R-2386
          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

The Wheel Color depends on the YEAR Model. And then there are those pre 1956's that vary with Body Main Color, Trim (Two-Tone) Color and Hub Caps or wheel Covers.

John, if you are asking about your Avanti they were not Black, but the same Beige/off-White as '62 to '64 South Bend Larks and Hawks.

All Wheel Colors would have to be High Gloss Body Finish Paint, for shine, durability and to prevent rust.

You need to go to an Automotive Paint Store where the Body Shops go.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Studebaker published a booklet listing what color wheels went with what color car.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
              X