Studebaker Neon Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Neon Question

Interested in purchasing this studebaker lark neon for my collection.

Is there any real way to tell if it is an original that would have been used at a dealer or if it's a remake/Repop?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1754135
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 63avanti.; 06-06-2017, 05:43 PM.

I would take a good look at the hardware that holds it together and the electrical end of it to see if it looks vintage. And also search the web for other signs just like it. But I'm sure there's others that know for a fact whether it is or not they'll be chiming in soon.

Comment

here is a previous post on the subject

i am no expert but if you look at the tops of the letters L , R and K on the picture you posted they definitely look different that the one from the earlier post.
      also look at the type of blackout used between the lettering , you can definitely see it in the ( suppose to be ) original one , but cant really tell in the picture you posted. Also look at the colors of some of the neon lights online and take a look at the red's, blue's and yellows and what they look like
      to me it doesn't look original , but like i said ,i am no expert but it wouldnt be the first time i was wrong
      good luck, Blake

Comment

[QUOTE=63avanti.;1057618]Interested in purchasing this studebaker lark neon for my collection.

Is there any real way to tell if it is an original that would have been used at a dealer or if it's a remake/Repop?/QUOTE]
        I don't know if these pictures will help identifying the style of assembly or not, but they are original 1950 vintage neons. They were made to place inside the window to be read from outside. I got them from a dealer in 1973. The circle was broken on the last one.
        Attached Files
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
        X