Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Studebaker" cardboard inside windshield cover...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Studebaker" cardboard inside windshield cover...

...you know, to protect from the sun when the car is outside! Can't think of the actual term. Someone in the club used to sell them, correct-width for a Lark and with "Studebaker" on them. Don't see them in SI's catalog. Does anybody know what vendor(s) might sell them?

Thanks!
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

A quick check on eBay, shows that sun visor, sun shade, heat shield, etc. will get you in the ball park with a bunch of other junk thrown in.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Back in Texas there was a car guy who would show up with an original dash car who had a vinyl cover to go over the outside of the windshield. He said his upholstery guy made it and they installed some magnets along the edges so it would stay attached in the wind and still keep the sun off the dash

Comment

Bill...sorry I didn't read close enough...I realize you are looking for one with "STUDEBAKER" graphics.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Newman and Altman used to sell them. Still have mine (badly faded).
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Hmmm... would love to have one in each car. However, there is only one visor in Bess, none in Wilbur, and it's too late for Ed. How I would keep them up is a puzzler.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

With how cheap screen printing can be, would be cool to make it look like promotional stuff you might see on/in a car when it was new on the lot...

Comment

Working...
              X