• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to our Studebaker

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZB13 001 768.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1754069Today being the 70th anniversary of the day, May.26.1947, our 1947 Studebaker Champion sedan came off the assembly line in South Bend, it seems an appropriate occasion to show its picture.

Only 11 days later, June.6.1947, Mr. Robert Hayes and his sister, Miss Susie Hayes of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada took delivery of the car at Isnor Motor Sales, Halifax. They paid $1,989.90, including delivery charge and license, less $200.00 trade-in for their 1936 Hudson.

The Hayes' kept the car for 20 years and 92,000 miles, until they gave up driving due to their advanced age. The car was in such good condition that Isnor Motors sold it for them.

The next owner was a trade union business agent whose employer provided him with an Imperial. He didn't want to beat the Imperial through the woods going hunting and fishing, so that's the role the Stude had for the next 6 years .

I bought the Studebaker on July 3, 1973. Isnor Motors put me in contact with Mr. and Miss Hayes. After the car had an engine rebuild and refreshed body and paint, I took the car to the Hayes' home. Mr. Hayes was delighted to go for a drive in it, although his sister was not well enough to join us. Later, he sent me the original invoice for the car, and a full-colour brochure they had gotten before buying it.
    Bill Jarvis

Really neat story thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Happy birthday Bills car! Cool story. My '54 turned 63 and one month today, it's final assembly date was 4-26-54. I wish I knew the story on mine. It was shipped to Forest Hills NY, and somehow ended up in Amsterdam NY where my father in law bought it in the '60s.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2837.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	1713850
      Last edited by 1954khardtop; 05-26-2017, 03:34 PM.
      Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Nice looking 47 Champion. Wish I knew the histories on my Studebakers.

Comment

Working...
        X