1951 R-series truck available in Paoli IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 R-series truck available in Paoli IN

Late tonight (May 22) my daughter and I were passing through Paoli IN on our way back to Bloomington after visiting my sister and her husband in Birdseye IN. We just circled the courthouse square and were heading north on 37 when I spotted this R-series truck for sale on the lot of Morgan's Auto (intersection of N Gospel St and E Thornton St).

Here's a link to the ad, but it's described as a Champion, not the R-series truck:

The price seems a bit high to me, but it is on a dealer lot, and they seem to start high.

From what I could see in the dark at 11:30 PM, it seemed to be in good condition. I could not see any rust on the cab corners or fenders, and the interior of the bed looked good. The bench set looked good, but I couldn't see the headliner. The only modification I could see was the tail lights were in the ends of the bed, not round units bolted to the outside of the bed like I normally see. The front bumper was painted solid black. There was a home-made-looking rear bumper. There were no hubcaps. The wheels appeared to be painted red to match the body.

I took a few pictures with my dumb-phone. I did my best to compensate for the darkness, but they still are dark. There are better pictures of it on the dealer's website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	R_series_front_left.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1754049Click image for larger version

Name:	R_series_front_right.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1754050Click image for larger version

Name:	R_series_rear.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1754051Click image for larger version

Name:	R_series_bed.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1754052Click image for larger version

Name:	R_series_cab_left.jpg
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1754053Click image for larger version

Name:	R_series_cab_right.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1754054
    Last edited by Mark L; 05-22-2017, 09:34 PM.
    Mark L

Nice looking old truck. If it is as solid as it looks it would be a good one. I suppose if it runs and drives right that wouldn't be a bad dealer price, but I don't ever have the dealer's price.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
    X