Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doors

Hey guys :

Question are the doors on a 63 HT the same as the 64's .

Old Fart

They are vastly different.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Clark wanted to make sure . I see you have a 63 F2 as your sign off , have you joined the registry for it yet ???

Old Fart

Comment

63 J-L doors have the same part numbers as 64 J-L doors ....
        Leon Martin, Australia.

Comment

The glass is different for the Hardtops in 64 , But as Martincl stated the doors are the same , Ed

Comment

The door glass differs between the two years as do the vent windows and frames. '63 J & L and '64 L are the same vent windows for what it's worth. The door glass on a '63/4 L has a slight curve at the top whereas the J is straight. I checked the other day as I was going through my '64 conv. parts and found additional side glass for a '63 J which will be available.
            Rob in PA.

Comment

You can use the 63-66 2 door doors but would need to remove the upper frame that is only bolted on and add a piece of metal to hold the outer chrome top strip.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Hey Guys :

Just remembered I have a parts book for 59-64 and found 1352188 and 1352189 are listed for both 63 and 64 cars , so Martincl is correct and so is Candbstudebakers . Interesting how one question brings out different opinions . thanks fellas .

Old Fart

Comment

Looks like a good enough place to chime in... I'm looking for doors for my 55 hardtop. What's the cutoff year for interchange on those?

Comment

Pauly :

If you can get the part numbers check the ones I listed for 63's and that should give you more info as to when cut off is .

Old Fart

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Looks like a good enough place to chime in... I'm looking for doors for my 55 hardtop. What's the cutoff year for interchange on those?
                      1953 - 1955 K bodies (hardtop). Others will fit, but will not be correct.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        1953 - 1955 K bodies (hardtop). Others will fit, but will not be correct.
                        Will all of the hardtop doors fit? The car is far from stock anyhow. I don't mind filling in a trim or mirror hole here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
                          Pauly :

If you can get the part numbers check the ones I listed for 63's and that should give you more info as to when cut off is .

Old Fart
                          Ok, I will check my 55 parts book and see what I can find. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Will all of the hardtop doors fit? The car is far from stock anyhow. I don't mind filling in a trim or mirror hole here and there.
                            The doors from 1953 to 1958 will fit. The difference isn't just holes to fill, but rather the swoop size and no swoop.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              The doors from 1953 to 1958 will fit. The difference isn't just holes to fill, but rather the swoop size and no swoop.
                              I can't believe I never noticed that! Thanks, Gary!

Comment

Working...
                              X