Custom C-cab in the Jalopy Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom C-cab in the Jalopy Journal

Just went to the Jalopy Journal and found the topic of the day is a unique custom 1950 Studebaker pickup.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

A well done truck , I wonder if it still exists , Ed

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
      A well done truck , I wonder if it still exists , Ed
      I was wondering the same thing. Could the owner possibly be an SDC member.......?
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

You can sure tell it was a fiftys custom.

Comment

There was a thread on this truck some months ago. At that time, there was a longer description and the original article was reprinted. A comment about the owner racing the truck, with a Champion six, made me laugh.

Beautiful job, though.

In the mid 50's, my brother owned a beautiful customized 52 Chevrolet two door with a leaded grill and rounded hood edges, tuck and roll interior, and a beautiful metallic green paint job. It was so nice that he would not drive in on the gravel road to our lake cabin. He sold it to buy a 55 BelAir two door hard top.

Twelve or thirteen years later, that 52 appeared on my bus route home from school. By then, it was primer black, with rust holes everywhere (this was in Minneapolis, ground zero of the rust belt). What a sad sight. I refrained from telling him about it.
          Last edited by RadioRoy; 05-16-2017, 08:42 PM.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
          X