Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend parade

Great coverage!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Major TV coverage on evening news yesterday. Crowd downtown was extremely large and events included Stude Band Concert. About 259-300 cars lined Michigan Street
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Looks like that drone that was flying around took some great pictures!
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

This is so cool. Wish I could have been there,
          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem as though there are more Studebakers getting put back on the road. That line on Michigan Blvd. is impressive.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

That's a lotta Studebakers!
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

WOW! Nice coverage! Looks like the International was a success!

Comment

Great coverage but it looks like it was a bit nippy judging from the attire worn by atendees...

Comment

I was told there were 196 Studebakers in the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                      I was told there were 196 Studebakers in the parade.
                      That's correct, Jim. I took it upon myself to stand at the gate where the cars left the fairground single file and carefully counted them so as to report to Bob Henning. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        That's correct, Jim. I took it upon myself to stand at the gate where the cars left the fairground single file and carefully counted them so as to report to Bob Henning. BP
                        And Bob also made sure the fence didn't close on a car going out too. Thanks for keeping count!
                        Last edited by Bob Henning; 05-07-2017, 04:47 AM.

Comment

My wife Patti stood right next to Bob Palma and video'd the entire line of Studes leaving in the parade. It is a real good video and the cars looked great. A few even had to "get on it" as they headed towards town. And yes Bobs count is correct at 196 in the parade. As we went back through the fairgrounds after all left in the parade, we counted Studes that were still there and the total count of Studes accounted for at the fairgrounds/parade was 236. And there were still more over as SI, so there were lots of Studes in town to celebrate in one way or another. Bill

Comment

So considering all the above numbers, estimating the number of Studes in the SI parking lot, and estimating the number Studes in motel parking lots (whose owners opted not to attend either event), there were likely at least 300 Studes in SB that day. Also related, the number of Studes registered for the meet is probably less than the number of Studes present, since they were no longer accepting registrations at 8AM on Friday morning at the DoubleTree.
                            Last edited by JoeHall; 05-07-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I ended up in a line of Studes that got lost along the way, but we managed to find our way downtown and had fun anyway.

The best part of the downtown cruise in was letting a couple of little kids and a few pinup girls hop into the '61 Hawk for photos. It's fun seeing people enjoy the cars hands-on.

You can add at least one more Stude to the cruise in count. When I got there in the '61, I walked to the hotel and drove the '64 Hawk out of the parking garage and parked it along the curb too.

Bob Henning, on behalf of Stephen, Danny, and myself, thank you for all that you did for us. It was a pleasure to see you again.

Comment

Working...
                              X