No announcement yet.

Help!! 1959 Lark Front Marker/Turn Signal housing- double socket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Help!! 1959 Lark Front Marker/Turn Signal housing- double socket replacement

Re: 1959 Lark
    OK Guys (& Gals),
    I need some suggestions as I'm trying to replace the round brass inner double contact terminal socket (that receives the bulb contacts) on my front marker lamp housings. They have been compromised so the bulb won't contact the double terminals. I have a decent set of 1960 units but they don't look right with the 1959 Regal Grille trim. Has anyone found a method to remove the old sockets and replace them with the better condition ones from the '60 housings? If so, how did you re-attach the new sockets to the pot metal housing and retain them properly?
    At this point any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because if I was back in Arizona I'd probably be reloading!
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill

I have had good luck cutting off the cast in pot metal socket on other models and replacing it with a push in socket/with 2 wire pig tail available at most all parts stores. In some cases the hole may need to be enlarged.

- - - Updated - - -

I have had good luck cutting off the cast in pot metal socket on other models and replacing it with a push in socket/with 2 wire pig tail,
    available at most all parts stores. In some cases the hole may need to be enlarged.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks Frank. That was what I had supposed I'd end up doing, I was just hoping for a method to use the ones from the '60 housings.
      Cheers, Bill

Comment

Working...
      X