Door Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Handle

I do not have my parts books here at work. What does a door handle pn. 1338560 fit?

It's the late one, the '61-'66 plated, not stainless one that protrudes instead of recedes.

That one is still available NOS.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest, Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's the late one, the '61-'66 plated, not stainless one that protrudes instead of recedes.

That one is still available NOS.
      StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest, Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Does it fit a Lark, or Hawk? I does not look like the one on my GT.

Comment

Comment

There were two or more manufacturers of these late type and the only ones left now are '65-'66, the only difference is the roundness or lack of it on the corners of the push buttons.

Studebaker could not afford to make more than one style handle at a time, they are all the same on all models and all FIT '53-'66 cars and '60-'64 Champ Truck.

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There were two or more manufacturers of these late type and the only ones left now are '65-'66, the only difference is the roundness or lack of it on the corners of the push buttons.

Studebaker could not afford to make more than one style handle at a time, they are all the same on all models and all FIT '53-'66 cars and '60-'64 Champ Truck.

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My parts book lists that particular part # as fitting ALL 1961-1963 Cars. 1964 Is listed as part #1360980

I do not recall off-hand what the difference is. I do know that prior to 1961, the door handles were stainless steel (part #298974)and not a chromed piece of pot-metal. I looked through my box of take-off door handles (chrome)- and see no external difference in any of them. The only visual difference I can find is how the push "button and wire" is installed. This cannot be seen if the door handle is on the car.

All outside door handles (car) from '53-up are pretty much interchangeable. IE.. they will FIT... though they are not "CORRECT" for various years.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
                Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

My parts book lists that particular part # as fitting ALL 1961-1963 Cars. 1964 Is listed as part #1360980

I do not recall off-hand what the difference is. I do know that prior to 1961, the door handles were stainless steel (part #298974)and not a chromed piece of pot-metal. I looked through my box of take-off door handles (chrome)- and see no external difference in any of them. The only visual difference I can find is how the push "button and wire" is installed. This cannot be seen if the door handle is on the car.

All outside door handles (car) from '53-up are pretty much interchangeable. IE.. they will FIT... though they are not "CORRECT" for various years.

Ray

Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I got these in envelopes that said pn1360980, which is a 64. The handles that were in the envelopes said 1338560. I was just trying to figure out what I had.

Thanks.

Chuck

Comment

Thanks guys. I got these in envelopes that said pn1360980, which is a 64. The handles that were in the envelopes said 1338560. I was just trying to figure out what I had.

Thanks.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                      X