please help decode 1952 truck serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help decode 1952 truck serial numbers

it is a 1952 Studebaker truck, on the certificate of title I see in the block for motor # and serial #
    6R-12978 and R11-5476
    thank you for your help
    jerry Whitfield
    Winston salem NC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jerrybev; 04-18-2017, 11:33 AM. Reason: clarity

It's a 1952 model 2R-11, 3/4 ton truck. The 6R engine number indicates that it's equipped with a 245.6 cu in Commander 6 engine, which is the correct engine for that model. Transmissions could be 3-speed on the column, 3-speed with OD, or 4-speed on the floor. Wheelbase should be 122". More info here:
    Skip Lackie

Comment

the trucks were also grouped as 2R10 and 2R11. What are the differences and which do you think this one is?
      thank you
      jerry whitfield

Comment

That is the reason Ship said a 2R-11 IS a 3/4 Ton Truck with the 245 Big Six.

A 2R-10 is a 169 c.i.d. Champion small six in a 3/4 Ton Truck.

The 2R-5 ("169"), and 2R-6 ("245") are 1/2 Tons.

There is a whole LOT more sense to Stude's System then first meets the EYE, but it IS simple!

You will have to get the REAL Truck Serial Number for a currently CORRECT New Title from the Serial Number Plate on the Cab, as they titled it as they did up until 1954 by it's Engine Serial Number instead of the currently correct, and sensible Truck Serial Number.

Here is the 6 Cyl. Engine Number starting Serial Number listing that Skip checked your's to:

Last edited by StudeRich; 04-18-2017, 06:11 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe he gave that information as the R11# in the original post.

Comment

Working...
          X