Need car moved from Cincinnati to Tahoe area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need car moved from Cincinnati to Tahoe area

My neighbor just asked me if I knew anyone to ship a Subaru Forester from Cincinnati to Tahoe area. Any suggestions. Needs it done in next 45 days. I know, not Studebaker but thought a quick post wouldn't hurt.

try posting it on uship.com

it's free to register and post, transporters will bid on the shipment auction style and you choose who you want to do the job. You can also view the transporters "credentials", reviews from other customers, etc.
    Lee
    1959 Lark VIII

Comment

I've a friend who used this site/service and the experience was... not the best. I'd suggest "low-bid" shippers may be as risky as any other low-bid situation. Be careful. And, all the best, in any event.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
        I've a friend who used this site/service and the experience was... not the best. I'd suggest "low-bid" shippers may be as risky as any other low-bid situation. Be careful. And, all the best, in any event.
        Very true, that's why I mentioned checking the transporters credentials, DOT information, level of cargo insurance coverage, etc.

I used to own a transport company and was a transporter on Uship..... I did things legally and correctly, carried the proper commercial plates and insurance, cargo insurance, kept a log book, etc...... Quite a few transporters do not do those things, because those things cost a lot of extra money as compared to regular plates, liability insurance, etc. Because they're "saving" money in those areas, they can afford to transport items for lower bids and get more work that way.

Believe it or not, a good percentage of customers don't seem to care about the plates, insurance, licenses, etc of the transporter...... they want the cheapest bid, period. I've lost bids/jobs over $5 to guys with no reviews with a profile picture of a beat up truck and utility trailer.... all because the customer just wanted the lowest bid.

That's all well and good until that guy gets stopped by the DOT with your car on the back of his trailer..... he gets his rig (and your car) impounded because he doesn't have the proper license/tags/insurance/etc...... or he gets into an accident with your car on the trailer, who pays for the damage/repairs to your car? Do you think someones insurance company will, when they find out he was transporting it illegally?

Pick a legitimate qualified transporter..... save yourself a lot of potential headaches and trouble!
        Last edited by chief915ky; 04-16-2017, 03:15 PM.
        Lee
        1959 Lark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by chief915ky View Post
          try posting it on uship.com

it's free to register and post, transporters will bid on the shipment auction style and you choose who you want to do the job. You can also view the transporters "credentials", reviews from other customers, etc.
          I used uship to transport a 56 President from Oregon to Florida. I went with the most expensive bid simply because the company had the highest rating.

It was by far the best experience I've had with shipping a car. Nels, I have the truck driver's cell number if you want to call directly and avoid the broker fees. I'd use him again.

Comment

A certain Mike da cat herder last I heard was going back west empty.....

Comment

It was by far the best experience I've had with shipping a car. Nels, I have the truck driver's cell number if you want to call directly and avoid the broker fees. I'd use him again.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you don't mind, pm me that contact info. Thanks.

Comment

Passport, Horseless Carriage, number of good car haulers. Get what you pay for.
                Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                Fort Worth, TX

Comment

If you have a loading dock and/or rollback truck at each end just use a LTL truck line.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    I used uship to transport a 56 President from Oregon to Florida. I went with the most expensive bid simply because the company had the highest rating.

It was by far the best experience I've had with shipping a car. Nels, I have the truck driver's cell number if you want to call directly and avoid the broker fees. I'd use him again.
                    Matt, thanks for the number, I'll pass it on.

Comment

Working...
                    X