Studebaker keys with fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker keys with fob

Was in an antique shop today, just as they were closing I spied in a glass case something with a 55 President embossed on the side. Pulled out my flashlight , it looks to be a metal? keyfob, red and white Studebaker, possibly a President on the side. This is smaller than a credit card. Has two keys, one swings out of each end. One has never been cut, the other had some notches in it. Price wasn't too bad but they were flashing the lights to get everyone out the door. Common item? Anyone interested in a closer look? Is about 15 miles off my beaten path. Didn't see a single Stude C cab part while I was there.

Was this a metal or leather key case? I have seen a few leather ones that were embossed with a dealer's name on one side.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Metal. I've seen them on eBay, but it's been awhile.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

It looked like metal, if someone was interested I could go back in a week or so. PM me.

Comment

They were very common little "Pocketknife" Key cases, usually thin gold or simulated plated, metal with a Ign./Door Key in one end and a Trunk/Glovebox key in the other end so you could use it like a pocket Knife. They were sold at most Key Shops/Locksmiths in the 1950's, I have about six of them.

They came in '53 Starliner type also.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This is my '53 Starliner type. I have not seen the '55 President style.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1713299

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

John, post a picture of it. Thanks. Dan

Comment

The pic Hawk64 put up is it, only the car is red / white. I said 55 because through the glass it was only recognizable as a definite Studebaker shape.

Comment

Originally posted by nebraska stude View Post
                  The pic Hawk64 put up is it, only the car is red / white. I said 55 because through the glass it was only recognizable as a definite Studebaker shape.
                  I think I do recall seeing these in the past, but didn't really care to have one, because the perportion of the Stude didn't look very good and the whole thing seemed so cheaply made that it would get busted, if it was used very much?

Mark
                  sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

it's a Novelty, mostly to use as a backup to the everyday Keys, for Show Only.

One other problem however, is I think that they only came in Yale Keys for Champions as the one shown, so if you have a Commander V8 with the original Hurd Locks, it will not be usable.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                    X