choke cable knob photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choke cable knob photo

What was the last year that any Studebaker, car or truck, used a choke cable and can anyone post a photo of what the knob looked like? Thanks, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Yep as usual,
    Craig's got it covered with a good Pic SOMEWHERE!

This is a VERY original looking Scotty all except the Speaker Housing from a upline Car.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      This is a VERY original looking Scotty all except the Speaker Housing from a upline Car.
      Possibly so, and the outer knobs on the radio.

To 'properly' install a radio on a Scotsman, one required an "AC2915 Radio Installation Kit-Scotsman", which would include the speaker grille/housing. I have no idea what one in that kit looks like.

Craig

Comment

Thanks, but can't see the knob itself...was wondering if it said 'choke' on it or 'C' or was it a plain black knob. I thought maybe trucks used them up until the end of production?...I've seen a '67 Chubby pick-ups with factory manual chokes... cheers, Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Same style as seen in the first photo here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=FLEET

VERY common and used for several years on various Stude models.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            Same style as seen in the first photo here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=FLEET

VERY common and used for several years on various Stude models.

Craig
            ok thanks...nothing special I guess, no ID to the operator as to what the knob was for? Some place in the back of my mind I thought the Stude choke knobs were black with a large white "C" in the center. cheers, junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

The "Choke" knob on my 1955 E-5 truck has a "C" in the center of the knob.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                The "Choke" knob on my 1955 E-5 truck has a "C" in the center of the knob.
                ok, that's what I thought thanks...think I'll go with a re-popped one for a 55-59 chubby truck...will be close enough for my purpose. thanks, junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                X