American Pickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Pickers

Per local ads the "Boys" visit a site where Studebakers & parts abound April 10 at 9:00 local time.I'm going to see what it'a all about !

I believe it is Larry Leek's collection in Keizer, Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
      Per local ads the "Boys" visit a site where Studebakers & parts abound April 10 at 9:00 local time.I'm going to see what it'a all about !
      kevin I think that's only state side , it'll be up here later
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I guesss I forgot about the U.S thing as it wasn't on locally,willl tr to get more info.

Comment

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
          I guesss I forgot about the U.S thing as it wasn't on locally,willl tr to get more info.
          You didn't miss much on the Studebaker front. A trans Star and Champ pickups, both in not the best nick. A few other orphan's that were quickly passed by. It was actually one of the better show recently, mostly on motorcycles that don't excite me terribly but this one I found interesting. A ACE bike I had never heard of and the first 4-cylinder Indian I've seen on TV. Why the big deal about the Indian. One of the earliest pictures of my Dad was him setting on his prewar 4-cylinder Indian. His was in better shape. Worth the watch IAC. Bob

Comment

I missed it too. However, as much as these shows get repeated on the "Pickers/Pawn" channel (AKA History Channel), we will probably have to work hard to avoid seeing it more than once.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I saw most of it. Great show. I'm not that interested in old bikes either but it's interesting to see them rattle off what year the tail light is on a 38 Harley....oh yeah, its a 38 lense but a 39 trim ring.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Keizer OR is about 15 miles from me, I should make a visit and see if there's any bargains they missed..

Comment

They did flash a nice shot of a red 37 C.E., photo only!
                  sigpic

Comment

And report back to us; I was wondering the same thing! BTW My Lark originally was delivered to Salem, and when I got it I noticed a radiator shop in Keizer had soldered a repair tag to the radiator at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by StudebakerGene View Post
                      They did flash a nice shot of a red 37 C.E., photo only!
                      Thats a nice looking champ you have there Gene! Lowered just enough to look cool but still be able to work as a truck.

I see these young guys driving these trucks around about 3" off the road with sparks flying!

Comment

Well thanks Tom, I sure love my Champ and it does drive and handle extremely well. Lowered with all the components, Volare subframe, firm feel suspension, 4 link rear with coil overs, wilwood disc's, bilstein shocks, and a progressive mopar steering box it handles, corners, amazingly well. It has one of Jeff Rice's Mopar intakes on a 63 R1 with a tremec 5 speed, 3:56 twin traction rear, electronic ignition and a big "hogged out" holley 600 double pumper, it will scoot off the line!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudebakerGene View Post
                          Well thanks Tom, I sure love my Champ and it does drive and handle extremely well. Lowered with all the components, Volare subframe, firm feel suspension, 4 link rear with coil overs, wilwood disc's, bilstein shocks, and a progressive mopar steering box it handles, corners, amazingly well. It has one of Jeff Rice's Mopar intakes on a 63 R1 with a tremec 5 speed, 3:56 twin traction rear, electronic ignition and a big "hogged out" holley 600 double pumper, it will scoot off the line!
                          Wow! That is an impressive build! Wish I were closer so I could get a ride in it!

Comment

suspesion

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupex color primed.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1713245

What you need Tom is a ride in my 37 C.E! Fuel injected LT1, Fatman front end, Mustang II, A/C, power windows, 4 link rear with KYB coil overs, 12 bolt Chevy posi with 3:73 gears, this thing is "Scary" fast. We'll have to line them up!
                            sigpic

Comment

I can smoke them with the best! (Exhaust smoke right?)

I'd love a ride in it!

Comment

Working...
                              X