Good source for glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source for glass?

Found a 1956 Studebaker President near me I am thinking about buying, but most of the glass is broken. Anyone know of a good source for replacements?

Phillips Auto Glass!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayBelt View Post
      Found a 1956 Studebaker President near me I am thinking about buying, but most of the glass is broken. Anyone know of a good source for replacements?
      I have stripped many 1956 Presidents and would have the glass but for pickup in Joliet IL.
      If you are going to South Bend , I am 100 miles west on Interstate 80.
      Robert Kapteyn
      studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Here is the stude for reference:

Comment

I have a pair of NOS tail light housing for that car if interested let me know. I am going to South Bend.

Comment

You should know that this is a President Classic "Y" Body. The Rear Doors on these Long Wheelbase Presidents are different (Longer) than a 4 Door Sedan.

The Windshield, Rear Glass (backlight), and Front Door Glass are all the same as Champions, Commanders, and President 4 Doors from 1956 and some other years as well for the front door glass.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If you want a Stude, do some research and find a better car to start with.. That one is so rusty and deteriorated that I'm not sure what you would restore as you'd be replacing every part. Glass is the least of that car's problems.

Are you in Tallahassee? I spent 4 years there and could point you in the right direction. A good friend has a Studebaker shop there.

Comment

I am. Currently working on a Ford Tbird, but hoping to make a Studebaker my next one. I like that one mostly for pantina, would probably do a proper rat car with it.

Comment

I am. Currently working on a Ford Tbird, but hoping to make a Studebaker my next one. I like that one mostly for pantina, would probably do a proper rat car with it.
                  Send me an email.. mbstude (at) gmail (dot) com

I know where a few derelict Studebakers are in Tallahassee that would be a better start than that '56, and probably less money.

Comment

google Studebaker glass in Idaho Falls Idaho
                    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
                      google Studebaker glass in Idaho Falls Idaho
                      Highly recommended! Rather than selling laminated side glass, their replacement side glass is tempered safety glass as used in late model cars, which is much more durable. I buy my glass from them.

If interested in building a '56, I have super solid 2dr Commander, priced right. Also have a running 58 Commander sedan.

Comment

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                        Highly recommended! Rather than selling laminated side glass, their replacement side glass is tempered safety glass as used in late model cars, which is much more durable. I buy my glass from them.

If interested in building a '56, I have super solid 2dr Commander, priced right. Also have a running 58 Commander sedan.
                        My 1948 Commander 4 door needed a driver door glass and estimates ranged from affordable to ridiculous. Then I found Russ at Studebaker Glass through SDC. All became right in the world. Save yourself the time and call him first.

Comment

Originally posted by warrenhillproductions View Post
                          My 1948 Commander 4 door needed a driver door glass and estimates ranged from affordable to ridiculous. Then I found Russ at Studebaker Glass through SDC. All became right in the world. Save yourself the time and call him first.
                          Russ Jenks. studebakerglass.com
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                            Send me an email.. mbstude (at) gmail (dot) com

I know where a few derelict Studebakers are in Tallahassee that would be a better start than that '56, and probably less money.
                            Too many Studes out there that will make good candidates for restoration. Doing a rusty POS is not for everybody.Leave 'em rot and pick up one that is manageable. jimmijim
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                              Russ Jenks. studebakerglass.com
                              Highly recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X