• Show
Clear All

• Bullet Nose Station Wagon

Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook_1491194913045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1753812

Don't know if this has been posted before but, this is definitely thinking outside of the box! This beast is from Cuba and I bet the owner is as proud of it as we are of our rides--- Daring to be different!
    sigpic

Bullet Nose Station Wagon

Name:	facebook_1491194850984.jpg
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1713174

His buddy liked it so much, he revamped his as well----
    sigpic

Comment

The red one looks like the end of a blazer or suburban was attached. the blue one looks like a car back end of the same vintage more or less as the bullet nose.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
        The red one looks like the end of a blazer or suburban was attached. the blue one looks like a car back end of the same vintage more or less as the bullet nose.
        Whatever they used I like it,would have been a great idea for the time.
        sigpic

Comment

The red one must be on a different chassis. Look at the size of the wheel hubs. In any case, it is a neat looking car using what he had available.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            The red one must be on a different chassis. Look at the size of the wheel hubs. In any case, it is a neat looking car using what he had available.
            Chebby truck frame and homemade front bumper. My guess since its a chebby back end.

Comment

Blue one looks pretty tempting. The red one is a design failure IMO. Is that a solid front axle under it?
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                It definitely has beam axle front and a full floating rear axle so I'd bet some form of one ton truck chassis...2R12?

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  Blue one looks pretty tempting. The red one is a design failure IMO. Is that a solid front axle under it?
                  I agree.

He must have needed a windshield and couldn't find a one piece, so he used 2 flat panes with a center bar.

Comment

There is a beautiful 1951 Woodie Wagon photoshop floating around on the internet. The artist used the Land Cruiser chassis length and the proportions are just right.

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                      There is a beautiful 1951 Woodie Wagon photoshop floating around on the internet. The artist used the Land Cruiser chassis length and the proportions are just right.
                      This one? Absolutely gorgeous drawings!

Name:	Conestoga Series.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1713188
                      Bill L.
                      1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by 56GH View Post
                        This one? Absolutely gorgeous drawings!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63340[/ATTACH]
                        That's the one! I hadn't seen the others in the series. The longer wheelbase looks just right!

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous! Why didn't Studebaker think of these? I don't know how well they would have sold but it would have given us something really special and probably rare to savor over and covet for our collection. I especially like that 2 door woody. These cars look very dignified and sporty; very New Hampshire upper crust. I can see a sportsman in a red or green plaid hunting jacket holding a rifle and dead pheasant calling his lab retriever to get in the car.

Comment

I visited the site this came from, AUTO-VISUALS.COM. This artist is crazy good. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Has some Packards.

Comment

I like the packard woodie from near the same era. There was a very nice one at Auburn last fall. Yellow.

Comment

Working...
                              X