No announcement yet.

Mounting a heavy duty front stabilizer bar on a Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle / Front Suspension: Mounting a heavy duty front stabilizer bar on a Hawk

I'm trying to put the heavier front stabilizer that Stude Int'l sells on my '61 Hawk. You need to use the later style frame mounts - kind of A-shaped - with this, which I have, but it seems like the mounting plate for the power steering ram is going to be in the way.

If anyone could post a photo of this style frame mount on a Hawk with power steering, I'd much appreciate it.

Dave

Thanks Bob, yeah, I came across those, but those are both shoehorning a GM bar in, and modifying the brackets and presumably locations. Also, not seeing power steering on those cars. But thanks. And btw, I really appreciate your Stude tech site - I reference it all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Stunt View Post
      Thanks Bob, yeah, I came across those, but those are both shoehorning a GM bar in, and modifying the brackets and presumably locations. Also, not seeing power steering on those cars. But thanks. And btw, I really appreciate your Stude tech site - I reference it all the time!
      I did the original Olds sway bar install and did the "tech sheet" for it. It mounts in all the same holes as the original sway bar. Very easy mod to do and completely reversible. The Olds bar I chose is 1-5/16" diameter. It made a GIGANTIC improvement. You will hardly recognize the car after its installation. A pure joy to drive.
      sals54

Comment

Working...
      X