A 64 convertible as a rental car???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 64 convertible as a rental car???

Here is a 64 convertible on ebay. The production order in one of the pictures mentions something about a rental car. Wonder what that note really means.

Olin Rent-A-Car is still operating in New York.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Post #208 here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...egistry/page12

Craig

Comment

I think 3 still exist , My brother has one here N.J, Its being restored and the other two are in Indiana , Ed

Comment

.... yes, my car was titled as a 1963 Studebaker convertible..... that's how I bought it: sight unseen as a 63'..... what a surprise when the garage door opened up to see a 40K mile 64'...

Comment

The 64 convertible that I once owned and Jim Turner now owns was a Hertz rental car.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

My 63 R1 Avanti started life as a rental car in Florida. I was surprised when I got the paper work from the museum.

Comment

As Skip stated, the one I have now was a rental, along with another one that is also here in Noblesville Indiana, was also a rental. What are the chances of 2 out of 3 rental cars from the same place ending up here in Noblesville 50 + years later???
                Maybe I need to pick up the 3rd one??? <G>

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                  The 64 convertible that I once owned and Jim Turner now owns was a Hertz rental car.
                  Hertz or Olin Rent-a-Car, Skip? I've seen several tagged for Olin, but not any tagged for Hertz. "Never say never," of course.

(Maybe Olin was trying harder? No, wait; that's Avis, right? ) BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob-
                    Can no longer remember for sure, but it's my recollection that the car was owned by Hertz in Miami. It was subsequently sold to a woman in DC. I gave all the paperwork I had to Jim. Maybe he can answer.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Olin had Laguna blue w/ white tops I think, Ed

Comment

My Olin was Strato Blue...... I recall them having several color combos.... all built the same way. Is it the 86' TW's for 64' ragtops ??

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                          My Olin was Strato Blue...... I recall them having several color combos.... all built the same way. Is it the 86' TW's for 64' ragtops ??
                          The July 1986 Turning Wheels is the issue containing all the 1964 convertible specifications by serial number, Jack. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                          X