Some opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some opinions please

I'm going to be in Nashville later this week, so looked on Craigslist. Found this Hawk and would like some opinions on what would be a reasonable price for this car.

It's not a "bucket list" car for me, but for the right price I would be interested.
    Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

A running, complete, Super Red Super Hawk. That's a bucket list car for a lot of people.

Comment

Not an opinion on price, but a suggestion -- before you actually look at it, get the serial number and make sure this was originally built as a R2 car. The lists of the original Avanti-powered Larks and Hawks are posted online......or ask here on the forum.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

There are probably people here who are thanking you for posting that link. I make it a point to never discuss a Craigslist item until I have either bought it or decided I am not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
          There are probably people here who are thanking you for posting that link. I make it a point to never discuss a Craigslist item until I have either bought it or decided I am not interested.
          If there is someone on here for whom it IS a bucket list car, by all means pursue it. Red cars are just not my thing, and as it sounds like this might be a rare one, I would hate to do a color change.

If it was black........
          Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

He's asking $10,500 for the car. A little out of my price range for a project. But it does looks good in red...

Comment

The build sheet says JTS 1402

Comment

If you can clearly see grass through the floorboard (and you can) how bad is the rest of it? Then again, if this car is truly a Super, that makes it more worthy than lesser examples...
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The Build Order posted verifies it as being a genuine Super Hawk. Worthy of someone's time if such a car is on their bucket list, bit it does look like it has a long way to go. Super Red is a big plus on a verified Super Studebaker. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If anyone here buys it, there's a better body shell in Tallahassee, Florida that could be had really cheap.

And as far as 63 R2 Hawk project cars go... Stephen Allen's has one here in Gainesville that needs a new home. It's complete and has a 4 speed, but missing the original engine. It's currently red but I think originally it was Ermine white with red interior. It's priced a lot less than $10K. I'll take some pics if anyone is interested.

Comment

I don't feel the price is out of line for at least a couple of reasons; a) its a genuine 46A package Super Hawk, that's complete and b) as Bob stated, it was originally painted P6325 Super Red.

Craig

Comment

Personally... I wouldn't buy a rare rust bucket that was restored for big bucks..... That said, this car would make a nice "Driver" for 1/2 the price...

Comment

Get the price down and use it as a parts car and title to rebuild a rust free CA body shell and frame.

Comment

Interesting that my non-package Hawk assembled on 3/27/63, VIN 63V 26241, has #JTS 1562 motor while this one, assembled 5/3/63, VIN 63V 30467 has #JTS 1402 motor. I would think the JTS number should be sequentially higher for this car, just something to ponder. Not sure just how Studebaker doled out motors for the JTS cars. Have you checked the JT News roster?

Comment

Engines were just like the Body vs Car and Frame Serial numbers Ed... ALL MIXED UP!

Or Sometimes more like; First IN the pile, LAST Out!
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X