66 to 83 avanti frame mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 to 83 avanti frame mounts

Anyone have a set of engine frame mounts for a avanti II that they will part with.. I do not know what they look like and need a set .
    1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.
    Just purchased 63r-3623 R2 was a auto now dressed to a R3 with a4speed.

Studebaker International sells them (R&L)....brand new!

Comment

Do they, I've looked . Unless I missed them several times in the catalog,
      1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Endl98 View Post
        Do they, I've looked . Unless I missed them several times in the catalog,
        Yes, listed in the last several catalogs!...Possibly they've sold out of them....but give them a call to find out for sure.

Comment

Still going crazy. All I find is the rubber engine mount, I'm looking for the actual frame mount.

Comment

Still going crazy. All I find is the rubber engine mount, I'm looking for the actual frame mount.
            Let me dig up a catalog ...I'll post the SI stock # for the steel Chev-to-Stude engine mounts. (frame)....They, of course, fit Lark models also.

Comment

Ok I think I found them. The item in the catalog says65 to 66 non c&k frame. Can be used on sedans and avanti. I guess that is why I pass by them,

anyone have a set set cheaper than $175 tho.

Comment

My dad when he put the small block in the 63 back in 68. He just made a bracket to fit the factory stude mount. It blocks the sbc fuel pump, and he put in a electric carter pump ,
                i have the R2 4spd from 3623 going into my 1705. And the sbc going into 3623. With a 2004r overdrive trans.
                3623 is at the body shop getting a full make over, going back to the original white and red interior, I have the car sold to a customer already , that car had a lot of bad fiberglass work over the years.

Comment

I have a used set still bolted into an engineless '73 Avanti parts car...I'd part with them, but can't get near them until the weather improves and the yard dries out. (Are these for 63R3623?)

Comment

My dad when he put the small block in the 63 back in 68. He just made a bracket to fit the factory stude mount. It blocks the sbc fuel pump, and he put in a electric carter pump ,
                    i have the R2 4spd from 3623 going into my 1705. And the sbc going into 3623. With a 2004r overdrive trans.
                    3623 is at the body shop getting a full make over, going back to the original white and red interior, I have the car sold to a customer already , that car had a lot of bad fiberglass work over the years.

3623 was no doubt beat around quite a bit after I sold it. When I owned it, the only body issues were sagging (power window) doors, and I had to install a NOS fiberglass 'chin' air scoop, as the original was too severely damaged to repair....the remainder of the fiberglass body, hog troughs, and the frame itself were very good.

Comment

Yes, I remove the R2 and 4spd out and sent it to the body shop had 3623 water blasted to the gel coat, engine bay is painted black, car will go back to white and going to have the interior done in red.

I rebuilt the R2 , had the heads ported got amazing results,, charger rebuilt, new R2+ camshaft,( I wanted to go with a custom roller cam but I have to keep myself in check) powder coated the aluminum intake, polished out the R3 air box. Motor looks amazing, going to go to the dyno, in a few weeks, I'm hoping for 375hp, I bought a t5 trans conversion and a aluminum flywheel. That is all going into my 1705. So it's back to a somewhat original state.

3623 is going to get the 300hp 327 I pulled out from 1705 , and I built a nice 2004r trans , this way it has a great 1st gear and overdrive, car is sold and the new owner is just building a driver, he is removing the bumpers , kind of like what fantom works did.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        I have a used set still bolted into an engineless '73 Avanti parts car...I'd part with them, but can't get near them until the weather improves and the yard dries out. (Are these for 63R3623?)

so I have a few weeks until I need the set. If you can get them out how much would you like for them.

Comment

so I have a few weeks until I need the set. If you can get them out how much would you like for them.
                          How about $100 plus shipping? (Used parts such as these mounts really aren't worth anything unless you need them, but unbolting them from the frame is a pain, and I don't like using a 'gas ax' removing parts like these.)

PS...SI wants $185 a pair in last catalog.....Ed

Comment

Yeah ed that will work for me. The ride is cheap, cheaper than driving a few miles to get them. Yeah I have a old catalog, I just looked online with the part number and it's $185. Still didn't say for avanti. Lol.

Comment

Yeah ed that will work for me. The ride is cheap, cheaper than driving a few miles to get them. Yeah I have a old catalog, I just looked online with the part number and it's $185. Still didn't say for avanti. Lol.
                              OK, I'll remove them as soon as I can...in the meantime, if someone comes up with a set for less $$$ (already off a car) feel free to grab them...just let me know.

By the way, it sounds like good old 63R3623 is going to have a bright and rosy future....GOOD FOR YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X