1957 GoldenHawk needs rescued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 GoldenHawk needs rescued

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. My brother works for the local auctioneer getting vehicles running for the sales. He described to me a 1957 Golden Hawk that is probably a fixer upper. It does have some extra parts in the trunk. Grills etc. It is kind of a cool car and I don't want it to go to the crusher. It sells this Friday near Wichita Kansas . I would be willing to help find more info if anyone is interested. There a few other cool cars and a lot of junk headed to the crusher I'm sure. Dan

Dan, a picture and a price would be appreciated.

Comment

I don't have any pictures right now. There is a small picture on the sale bill in the bottom left corner. go to RHauction its on the Marvin King estate sale. Hope that helps a little. I have no idea what the value is. was hoping someone could tell me what it is worth.

Comment

This website is for sale! rhauctions.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, rhauctions.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I'd take the hearse or the caddy... What is that hearse anyway ?

Comment

In the Auction notice it says the Hawk has power windows. I wonder if they are factory installed or aftermarket? It also mentions a two door Nash sportscar. I wonder if it is a Nash-Healey?

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
              In the Auction notice it says the Hawk has power windows. I wonder if they are factory installed or aftermarket? It also mentions a two door Nash sportscar. I wonder if it is a Nash-Healey?
              I would imagine they are talking about the Nash Metropolitan in the pictures.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                I would imagine they are talking about the Nash Metropolitan in the pictures.
                I don't know. They do mention the Metropolitan by name in the text of the ad.

Comment

Looks like the interest in the car so far, including me, is everyone far away from Kansas. Hope someone on the forum near by can go and save it.

Bob Miles
                  Tucson AZ

Comment

Wonder if I could fly the plane home?

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                      Wonder if I could fly the plane home?
                      Sure, if you know how to fly a plane.
                      The real question is how long would it take to make it air worthy.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

hearse

I think the hearse is a 59 cadilac. There are some extra grills and a dual 4 barrel intake with dual air cleaners for the old cadilacs. They think the hearse was originally a ambulance. There is a spot on top of it where the red light was. The other Cadillac is a 59 with every option. power seats. power windows. cruise control etc.
                        Last edited by DanD; 03-28-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

That Caddy Hearse does look Odd, like it is an earlier Packard or Caddy rounded back Body with '59 Cad. Tail Lights!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                            I'd take the hearse or the caddy... What is that hearse anyway ?
                            It is a Eureka body hearse as per the description. http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/e/eureka/eureka.htm

True, it does look older than a Superior bodied counterpart.

Craig

Comment

Yeah, wonder what the bill for the A&P be for the bird?
                              I'd love to be standing at that auction with a wad of cash....

Comment

Working...
                              X