This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 CHAMPION, CLOCK ANYWHERE?

Where may I find a clock for my 1950 Champion, also a cigarette lighter? This car is new to me and want the "accessories." Any advice? Thanks, Tom LaMartina

Tom LaMartina

Maybe someone here can help but only 3% of the members of SDC have ever visited this forum.

They do show up at swap meets and you could place a free want-ad in TURNING WHEELS if you are a member of SDC. They also show up on ebay from time to time.

If you are not a SDC member, it's only $19.95 for a twelve month subscription to TURNING WHEELS.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 Commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Maybe someone here can help but only 3% of the members of SDC have ever visited this forum.

They do show up at swap meets and you could place a free want-ad in TURNING WHEELS if you are a member of SDC. They also show up on ebay from time to time.

If you are not a SDC member, it's only $19.95 for a twelve month subscription to TURNING WHEELS.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      33 Rockne 10
      51 Commander Starlight
      53 Commander Starlight

Brad Johnson,
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you are looking for a clock for a Champion 50, good luck! They are like hen's teeth to find, and when you find one, don't expect to get a deal with the price. I just got one on Ebay, and the bidders who were nickle and diming the thing wound up with nothing, and I gots me one. Think HUNDREDS, for a clock. Just remember that these cars were plain Janes back in the 50's and most of the buyers came from the depression era that never got over the bread lines. They were after a low cost automobile without all of the bells and whistles such as clocks, rocker panels, mirrors, white wall tires, radio, etc: , so options back then were far and few between.

Don Dodson

Comment

If you are looking for a clock for a Champion 50, good luck! They are like hen's teeth to find, and when you find one, don't expect to get a deal with the price. I just got one on Ebay, and the bidders who were nickle and diming the thing wound up with nothing, and I gots me one. Think HUNDREDS, for a clock. Just remember that these cars were plain Janes back in the 50's and most of the buyers came from the depression era that never got over the bread lines. They were after a low cost automobile without all of the bells and whistles such as clocks, rocker panels, mirrors, white wall tires, radio, etc: , so options back then were far and few between.

Don Dodson

Comment

You might want to check out e/bay for your clock. thats where I found one for my 48 Champion. They are not cheap. I paid one hundred dollars plus shipping for mine and it did not work! Fortunetly I had a clock out of a Commander that did work and I was able to take the insides out of the Commander clock and put it in the Champion clock. Happy hunting! BTW you might want to check with some of the Studebaker vendors.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

You might want to check out e/bay for your clock. thats where I found one for my 48 Champion. They are not cheap. I paid one hundred dollars plus shipping for mine and it did not work! Fortunetly I had a clock out of a Commander that did work and I was able to take the insides out of the Commander clock and put it in the Champion clock. Happy hunting! BTW you might want to check with some of the Studebaker vendors.

Comment

I just saw a clock for a 51 Stude. on page 33 on e/bay Studebaker parts. I have no idea about 50 to 51 clocks as to whether they are the same or not.

Comment

I just saw a clock for a 51 Stude. on page 33 on e/bay Studebaker parts. I have no idea about 50 to 51 clocks as to whether they are the same or not.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by CHAMP

You got a deal for sure. I got mine for $204.00 and my high bid was $369.00 I have tasted the disappointments of missing the boat on getting a clock, and was determined to get this one. I sent it off to "The Clock Doc" ( David Linquist ) today.

Don Dodson

Comment

quote:Originally posted by CHAMP

You got a deal for sure. I got mine for $204.00 and my high bid was $369.00 I have tasted the disappointments of missing the boat on getting a clock, and was determined to get this one. I sent it off to "The Clock Doc" ( David Linquist ) today.

Don Dodson

Comment

50 and 51 should be the same but Champion and Commander would not.

Brad Johnson
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        33 Rockne 10
                        51 Commander Starlight
                        53 Commander Starlight

Brad Johnson,
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

50 and 51 should be the same but Champion and Commander would not.

Brad Johnson
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          33 Rockne 10
                          51 Commander Starlight
                          53 Commander Starlight

Brad Johnson,
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                          X