Photobucket under new management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket under new management

New email says under new management and they are restoring current members pix. No comment on how long.

New pricing model also. $1.99/ mo -$19.99/year.

Hopefully this will bring back some photos that have disappeared.

Good News?
    I had not abandoned Photobucket; but certainly immensely curtailed its use, even after navigating it had become second nature.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Too late for me. I have deleted all my photos off PB.

Many of my post have broken links because of them, and I'm not going back..

Comment

Burned once is enough for me. I can host and post from my computer for free.

Comment

Doesn't it sound like they are talking about "Current Customers" as in "PAID" Customer's Photos being restored, ONLY?

I am a long time "User" FREE, NOT customer, when they started Charging I never came back, what about me?

The "Third Party Hosting" is what we need for the Forum, so "we" are out of luck without coughing up the bucks.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 05-17-2018, 09:28 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'll be happy when this is clarified. I have many photos in forum posts. I have not paid Photobucket any fees. For a reasonable fee this might work
            Perry
            \'50 Business Champion
            \'50 Starlight Champion
            \'60 Lark Convertible,
            \'63 GT R1,
            \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I posted this for two reasons:

To let folks know there was a"change" in the company policy

And because my posts still have content, to hope that some of the members that have lost pictures and not paid any fees would check to see if their pictures have returned. Has anyone checked?

I don't plan on paying a fee as I've copied all my photos, Google is handling all my photos and Imgur allows me to post photos when a website won't post photos from my HDD's. I will leave all the photos on Photobucket as I have a lot of content posted that they still host.

Bob

Comment

As requested by Bob, I checked older posts going back a few years. The photos that had been replaced by the obnoxious image are back and posted as before. As I said in #6 above, I have not paid them any membership fees, or whatever they called them. I have no problem with a $20 yearly fee. I'll be checking this out. I have not been getting any of their emails to members, like in the original post of this thread, not sure why. I have an account with them.
                Perry
                \'50 Business Champion
                \'50 Starlight Champion
                \'60 Lark Convertible,
                \'63 GT R1,
                \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
                  As requested by Bob, I checked older posts going back a few years. The photos that had been replaced by the obnoxious image are back and posted as before. As I said in #6 above, I have not paid them any membership fees, or whatever they called them. I have no problem with a $20 yearly fee. I'll be checking this out. I have not been getting any of their emails to members, like in the original post of this thread, not sure why. I have an account with them.
                  Thanks Perry, It looks like at least a step forward but the future will tell. The Forum lost a lot of content when Photobucket went crazy. Hopefully we'll get a lot back now.

Bob

Comment

I've utilized their free services for years and they haven't deleted a single one of the photos I stored there. They weren't available for third-party hosting but, they were never deleted from PB.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

All my photos are still there. Still a bunch of ads that make it very difficult to use. Still plan to continue to use Postimage.
                      51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
                      53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
                      62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

I just checked out my old account with Photobucket. Ads are not a problem. I joined for a year to give it a try. I picked a photo to try as a test.

Perry
                        \'50 Business Champion
                        \'50 Starlight Champion
                        \'60 Lark Convertible,
                        \'63 GT R1,
                        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

What IS that?
                          It looks similar to the Bird impression in the '62-'63 GT Hawk Grille Shell but NOT! AND it looks GOLD!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You are correct. It is a photo of our '63 GT Hawk Grille Shell. The gold color would just be reflections.
                            Perry
                            \'50 Business Champion
                            \'50 Starlight Champion
                            \'60 Lark Convertible,
                            \'63 GT R1,
                            \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Did y'all notice it says the new pricing is for a "LIMITED TIME"?
                              KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X