This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 'fun' Avanti!

Here's a couple shots of old SN-60's '63 R2. Haven't got the dual quads on yet....hope they don't ruin how really nice this car runs!
    Attached Files

Sweet ride Ed, love the color.

Comment

Looks like 64 fender emblems with round headlights. Is this a "transition" model?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Here's a couple shots of old SN-60's '63 R2. Haven't got the dual quads on yet....hope they don't ruin how really nice this car runs!
        One thing for sure the 2X4's won't hurt the looks,,,,NICE

Comment

Thanks guys. Those are just stainless steel wheelcovers..I added the spinners with the 'Avanti' logo (from SI). This car is a fairly early '63...I liked the look of the '64 style 'Supercharged' emblems over the '63 versions....so I went with them. It's really just one of those Studes where I can connect up the battery, (In trunk), and go....No worries!

Comment

Here's a shot of My 'Avanti Turquoise' R2 paired up with a really much nicer 'Avanti Gold' R2 owned by My friend Chet.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. Has a rather regal stance.

Comment

Neat car. I wish I could add the supercharger emblem to my car...I think it looks a bit naked without some sort of emblem there.
                And, no I don't want to add a supercharger or just put an emblem on.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                  Neat car. I wish I could add the supercharger emblem to my car...I think it looks a bit naked without some sort of emblem there.
                  And, no I don't want to add a supercharger or just put an emblem on.
                  I once installed the oval 1964 Hawk-Lark style 'Avanti R2 Supercharged' emblems on a red '64 'square light' Avanti R2 I used to own. I think that those colorful oval emblems look great on a Studebaker Avanti!

Comment

My '63 was parked next to this '63 R1 at another show...a really nice studebaker Avanti painted a 'beige' color that everyone really digs! It belongs to My friend Joe.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I once installed the oval 1964 Hawk-Lark style 'Avanti R2 Supercharged' emblems on a red '64 'square light' Avanti R2 I used to own. I think that those colorful oval emblems look great on a Studebaker Avanti!
                      I agree, the oval emblem looks great on an Avanti. They should have used them as an oval is more in keeping with the non straight lines of the car.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Just came back in from taking the '63 for a 'dust off' ride. (Roads around here are dry...at least for today!) Put a couple gallons of 'High-Test' in her, and headed out to Rt 495. WHAT A BLAST! That R2 engine......The ROAR of those glasspacks......The SCREAM emanating from the unsilenced air filter leading to the Paxton Supercharger! Her 'sweet spot' comes in at around eighty mph! Hated to put her away...but spring IS getting closer by the day!

Comment

Just came back in from taking the '63 for a 'dust off' ride. (Roads around here are dry...at least for today!) Put a couple gallons of 'High-Test' in her, and headed out to Rt 495. WHAT A BLAST! That R2 engine......The ROAR of those glasspacks......The SCREAM emanating from the unsilenced air filter leading to the Paxton Supercharger! Her 'sweet spot' comes in at around eighty mph! Hated to put her away...but spring IS getting closer by the day!
                          Jeepers, SN-60. That is an absolutely Gorgeous car! The round headlights are sooo much nicer than the square ones. And I love the color too. Thumbs up!!! Drive it like you stole it.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
                            Jeepers, SN-60. That is an absolutely Gorgeous car! The round headlights are sooo much nicer than the square ones. And I love the color too. Thumbs up!!! Drive it like you stole it.
                            Thanks! I do get a bit worked up about that car. PS... If You're ever passing through the Boston area in good weather....stop by and take her for a spin....let Me know what You think

Comment

Here's an engine shot of My '63 R2. Definitely a few incorrect items here, but notice the 'rarely seen on Stude Avanti's' factory underhood light!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X