Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Registry managers needed

Hi again folks :

I have had a very interesting time since I last posted "Empty Registries " I have talked to Mark Wheeler and he says there has been no up date on registries for at least 6 years and the only thing that has been done is as some one informs him of a registry he posts it immediately . It has been suggested that some of the missing registries could be combined which to me makes a hole lot of sense . If we were to make a registry for every year and model the list would be almost endless . As there is registries for the 64 Convertibles and one for the Hard Tops and there isn't one for the Commanders someone should start one for those models say 64-66 Commander / Challenger Registry and there is no registry for the 63 model cars this one could include all 63's Wagons , Convertibles , Hard Tops ,and Sedans . Going back further someone could form one for the 50-51 coupes Champion ,Commander and whatever else would fit into it nicely . There are many open opportunities for someone to make a difference in our club . It does take some effort at the beginning but as long as you keep on top of things maybe once or twice a week things should go nicely . Look at all the new friends and information you'll have and knowledge that you have made a difference in a fellow members life . So are we going to find more people to form and manage a new registry or what . If you are wanting to know more or would like some help setting one up you may email me at not4u@nlis.ca and I would be more than happy and honored to answer any questions or help you set that new registry up . SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER I THINK . Lets hear from lots of people and make this work .

Old Fart

Originally posted by old fart View Post
    Hi again folks :

I have had a very interesting time since I last posted "Empty Registries " I have talked to Mark Wheeler and he says there has been no up date on registries for at least 6 years and the only thing that has been done is as some one informs him of a registry he posts it immediately . It has been suggested that some of the missing registries could be combined which to me makes a hole lot of sense . If we were to make a registry for every year and model the list would be almost endless . As there is registries for the 64 Convertibles and one for the Hard Tops and there isn't one for the Commanders someone should start one for those models say 64-66 Commander / Challenger Registry and there is no registry for the 63 model cars this one could include all 63's Wagons , Convertibles , Hard Tops ,and Sedans . Going back further someone could form one for the 50-51 coupes Champion ,Commander and whatever else would fit into it nicely . There are many open opportunities for someone to make a difference in our club . It does take some effort at the beginning but as long as you keep on top of things maybe once or twice a week things should go nicely . Look at all the new friends and information you'll have and knowledge that you have made a difference in a fellow members life . So are we going to find more people to form and manage a new registry or what . If you are wanting to know more or would like some help setting one up you may email me at not4u@nlis.ca and I would be more than happy and honored to answer any questions or help you set that new registry up . SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER I THINK . Lets hear from lots of people and make this work .

Old Fart
    That 1st statement about registrys being update is not correct , I bet I have sent in at least 1/2 dozen updates for the 66 Daytona registry in the last year .... in fact I just updated it this morning . Mark is always very quick on responding as well .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

With Terry's information and help I am setting up a registry for '55 President Sedans. If anyone has one to add to this registry please PM me and I will let you know what information I need. Photos are welcome, I just don't know yet how they will be included. I'll work that out as I get further in to this. I'm just learning so this should be interesting. Mark Wheeler has been informed as well.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

That 1st statement about registrys being update is not correct
        Yup. I updated on my '66 Wagonaire a couple years ago when I sold it.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I've been wondering about the registry that Michael Williams used to have for Packard Hawks. I guess he no longer maintains it. Has anyone got his contact info? If so, I could probably take that one over if he no longer wants to manage it. It would just be a matter of transferring the file via email.
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Come on guys : There has to be more than a few interested in managing a registry ?? be on the look out when you Google Studebaker registries , Surprise surprise there are some new ones . Let hop to it and get on the history wagon and start one up . Email me glad to help you any time .

Old Fart Terry not4u@nlis.ca

Comment

Have some more confidence in our club . Have just been informed we will be getting two new registries . One for the 64 Cruisers and one for the late model wagons 63-66 . Let's keep the ball rolling and get some more registries started we have a long way to go still .

Old Fart

Comment

Hi Guys :
                I am looking to get in touch with some of the registry managers that are listed and want to know if they still take care of that registry ? Here are some of the registries in question . 61 Lark (Dylan Wills ) 63-64 jet Trust news , 62-63 Skytop , 56-58 Sedan/wagon (Dave Galbeck) 52-58 Hardtop (Dan Branch ) 57 Golden Hawk (Dave Johnson ) , 56 Golden Hawk , 56J model (Frank Ambrogio ), 55 Speedster , Conestoga Wagons , 53-54 C&K , Frank Drumheller and all the truck registries he does ,Historical Studebaker of Austrailia ( Dave Pink ,Erskin Registry . Anyone can help me get in touch with any the fore mentioned will be appreciated . I can be reached at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks guys .

Old Fart Terry

Comment

Terry, sent you a PM.

Paul
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Hey Guys and Gals Too. Old Fart here have counted the number or registries that I know of and there are 39 so far with 16 still with no manager listed or email address either we are chugging along and need to find more yet . At least we are over the half way mark . This is not counting ones that could be started up so fuel those engines and pedal to the metal let's get going I know we can .

Old Fart Terry

Comment

Hey Studenorm email me didn't get your message Old Fart not4u@nlis.ca

Comment

On its way, Terry. You might need to update your email address in the forum register.

Comment

Hey Norm :

Checked forum registry and it is current . You still in Devon and Christine hanging on ??

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
                            I am looking to get in touch with some of the registry managers that are listed and want to know if they still take care of that registry ? Here are some of the registries in question . 61 Lark (Dylan Wills ) 63-64 jet Thrust cars, 62-63 Skytop , 56-58 Sedan/wagon (Dave Galbeck) 52-58 Hardtop (Dan Branch ) 57 Golden Hawk (Dave Johnson ) , 56 Golden Hawk , 56J model (Frank Ambrogio ), 55 Speedster , Conestoga Wagons , 53-54 C&K , Frank Drumheller and all the truck registries he does ,Historical Studebaker of Austrailia ( Dave Pink ,Erskin Registry . Anyone can help me get in touch with any the fore mentioned will be appreciated . I can be reached at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks guys.
                            Ron Ellerbe is the roster keep for Jet Thurst-powered Lark/Lark-types and G.T. Hawks.

For ALL 1962-64 G.T. Hawks, there is a registry here: http://www.studebakergthawkregistry.ca/

Craig
                            Last edited by 8E45E; 02-21-2017, 06:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Maybe it's just my twenty-plus years in Data Processing that makes me a bit of a control freak, buuuuuuttttt...
                              Wouldn't it be easier to just have one registry and set it up by year?
                              I'm not sure where we start and the Antique Studebakers leave off, but that would be a good starting point. Much simpler to maintain IMHO.

It's so annoying not being able to re-size pictures anymore.
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X