No announcement yet.

'56 President two door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think economy, Korean War, and the situation at Studebaker at this time..... more likely to be black tires in their effort to try and capture the frugal buyer....think Lark, Scotsman, etc....

Comment

Never fails.. Seems like anytime I buy myself a nice Studebaker, my priorities change.

I have a job offer in another city, and have decided to sell the '56 to simplify things and cover the costs of moving. I'll be listing the car on ebay this coming weekend. If anyone is interested before I do that, message me. You'll get a lot of car for the money.

Comment

I'm impressed that you can let that one go. I'm not sure I would be able to sell it, I would just have to drive it as my everyday ride! Someone is going to get a really great car!

Comment

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
          I'm impressed that you can let that one go. I'm not sure I would be able to sell it, I would just have to drive it as my everyday ride! Someone is going to get a really great car!
          I may not find another '56 President two door, but there will always be plenty of other Studes to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            I may not find another '56 President two door, but there will always be plenty of other Studes to buy.

I don't see this '56 on e-bay anymore....... Did it sell, or was it withdrawn?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              I don't see this '56 on e-bay anymore....... Did it sell, or was it withdrawn?
              Sold! Here is the link to the completed auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/162357463101...84.m1435.l2649
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Sold! Here is the link to the completed auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/162357463101...84.m1435.l2649
                OK thanks!....A 'bit' less than the $12 he wanted, but hopefully more than he had into it!

Comment

Sold for $7500. Save ebay listings in your watch list then go back and check your list for ended items.

Comment

It met my reserve, but so far I've not heard a word from the winning bidder. (One downside to ebay, there's no obligation for a winning bidder to actually pay). A couple of other guys that have shown interest, so hopefully it'll sell soon. At $7500 I'm losing money, but the car needs to go as I'm moving this coming week.

Comment

If you look at the bidders activity , he is buying jewelry and coins .Austin , Buick are his bids also.
                      Does not appear a Studebaker guy.

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark
                        He does have good feedback though. And I just "assumed" (uh-oh) that his eBay name "stooddood" translated to "studedude"
                        Stooddood is my eBay username.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                          Stooddood is my eBay username.
                          Whoops, I stupidly got the seller and buyer usernames mixed up, obviously! Sorry Matt.
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

The 56 was sold to a guy in Tallahassee that's a brand new SDC member and brand new to Studebakers. It's rare that a Stude gets picked up by someone that isn't already involved in the club, so I'm really happy to see first hand that there's still hope for new and enthusiastic SDC members. After he put well over 100 miles on the car yesterday, the new owner sent me a nice email saying he was so enamored with the car that he was likely going to park his late model Lincoln and use the Pres for daily transportation. Needless to say, the car went to a great home. I lost money at the price I sold it, but his enthusiasm and interest more than makes up for that.
                            Last edited by mbstude; 01-25-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

A great buy for the new owner.... nothing like being in a nice clime for daily driving...best thing for both of them.

Comment

I love that year. You have a great restoration.

Comment

Working...
                                X