Tire suggestions for a Hawk GT 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chartrain View Post
    Would enlarging the rotor hole work the same as turning down the Stude hub?
    Yes, but the standard rotor, that wil fit inside a 15" wheel isn't thick enough to take anything out of. If you want to use 17" wheels the 13" rotor from the Mustang cobra will slip right on. Not sure if bracket would need to be modified to move caliper or not. The Cobra caliper is slightly different.

Comment

Here are my new Coker 215/70R15. They did cost an arm and a leg however, I see them as not just a tire to drive around on but an accessory that makes the car look better. Costs were: $912 with shipping, plus $140 for mounting, balancing and valve stems. Total cost $1,052. I plan on replacing them every six years, so that makes my monthly cost of these good looking and safe tires to be $14.61 a month. Totally worth it in my humble opinion.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Coker Tires.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1721359
      sigpic
      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

$1052 wow! That's what it cost me to put tires on 3 cars and my truck plus replace a truck tire when a valve stem broke on the freeway, and have enough left over for lunch. And they call Studebaker owners CASO! Not from where I stand.

Comment

Just for reference, here are what those Coker radial 215/75R15's look like when installed. Pretty spiffy!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	37889937_10217453848164472_3920177287131037696_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1721577
          sigpic
          1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

All this talk of Ford wheels will kill someone! IF YOU USE A FORD WHEEL USE FORD LUG NUTS!!!!! They are larger and are made for the larger hole in the Ford rim. Studebaker lug nuts are too small and won't seat properly. Dangerous combination espesially if you try to dodge that skunk in the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
              All this talk of Ford wheels will kill someone! IF YOU USE A FORD WHEEL USE FORD LUG NUTS!!!!! They are larger and are made for the larger hole in the Ford rim. Studebaker lug nuts are too small and won't seat properly. Dangerous combination espesially if you try to dodge that skunk in the road.
              Talking about Ford wheels has never killed anyone and probably never will. Using Studebaker lug nuts with Ford wheels may, possibly, sometime in the future in an alternate dimension may cause a death. I, personally, have not yet heard of anyone being killed in an accident caused by incorrect lug nuts.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by GTCruiser View Post
                Have had the Cooper 205's on my '64 Hawk for four years with no issues.
                215 coopers look better
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
                  Had a chapter meeting back in Texas @1997. A member who drove 100 miles or so from Houston was pulling through the grass to park at the end of a row of cars when the left front wheel simply rolled off the drum and fell flat on the ground. Driver pulled forward another vehicle and backed the Hawk into the line up. Studebaker lug nuts were all still on the studs and the Ford wheel had pulled around them. He stated that it felt a little wobbly from time to time on the highway...

Comment

Working...
                  X