"Great car chase - Italian style"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Great car chase - Italian style"

Just saw a clip on youtube, it's kinda funny how normal European folk can't(?) spot the difference when it comes down to American cars... European cars DID look the same year after year but US cars changed style/looks every year & here they've painted a 4-door -60 Dodge & put on higher fins in order to make it look like a -58 Plymouth 2d H.T. to bust it up!
    (Ok, the 57-58 Plymouth's were quite a bit alike.)
    I can't put the filmclip here, but it's called "Great care chase - Italian style" on youtube & it's from -71.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Appears to be a 1958.

Craig

Comment

Most scenes such as this car chase use more than one car. The strange and obvious part to me is how it goes from a two door hardtop to a four door and back to a two door.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Can't help but think of "Christine" after seeing this video

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            Appears to be a 1958.

Craig
            Which car do you mean? The Plymouth appears to be a 1958 and the modified Dodge appears to be a 1960.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              Which car do you mean? The Plymouth appears to be a 1958 and the modified Dodge appears to be a 1960.
              The 2-door Plymouth seen at the beginning.

Craig

Comment

Makes me proud to be an American.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

I got a kick out of the video. I like older movies, and this clip really shows how much different the film industry was back then. Nothing computer generated in that car chase.
                  Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Yep, if you read(!) my post I already wrote that the Plymouth IS a -58...
                    We had quite a lot of these Opels in Sweden, they could be had with small block Chevy V8's too. They came named Kapitæn, Admiral or Diplomat & there was a 2-d H.T. also as I remember.
                    The roadholding was as bad as a -59 Impala thou; the wheels were to small & suspension to soft & brakes seriously "exiting".
                    Oh, & thanx Jeff for the possibility to see the clip here!
                    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 11-10-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X