No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a picture from Albany OR Regional Museum. They misspelled Studebaker, but my daughter still caught it and sent it to me to share. It would be nice to find one like that now....for that price.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
      When I worked in an A&P (about 1955), we would carry the groceries to the customer's car, no matter how close or far they parked (that A&P did not have a parking lot nor a place to pull up [not counting the loading dock for truck shipments]).
      I believe the local Co-op here offers that service when one request it.

Up until a few years ago, their shopping carts never left the building. The carry-out team had different upright style carts with bigger wheels on them to handle heavy snow. In the past few years, their regular shopping carts are in a covered area out in the lot like the rest of the grocery stores.

Craig

Comment

• One of the places we bought groceries in South Dakota had a sheltered area you could pull through and someone would load your groceries during bad weather. This was in the 1980s.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Hornbacher's stores in Fargo you can have your groceries put in a big plastic tub with a number painted on it that the bagger at the till then gives you a board about the size of a A size sheet of paper with a matching number. You then go to your car and meanwhile the tub gets carried over to a roller slide/conveyor that goes outside to a covered drive-up area. You pull your car around and find your tub waiting with the others. Not sure if someone helps transfer or not as I never have enough stuff to use this OR I wheel my cart out to the car myself. I remember 35-40yrs ago when I would go shopping with my mom at stores in the "big" town near (20miles) where I grew up that had the same setup.

Jeff in ND

Comment

• In Oregon there is a store called Fred Meyer, that still has the drive through so your groceries do not get wet as you place them in the car. Always a busy still to this day.

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullet View Post
              In Oregon there is a store called Fred Meyer, that still has the drive through so your groceries do not get wet as you place them in the car. Always a busy still to this day.

Mark
              Mark, they will also help you out with your groceries and load them in your car for you. They are now owned by Kroger but still maintain the "family owned" spirit.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Spokane, Wa. Sorry if I posted already.....it's such a great shot!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	spokane37.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1719441

Comment

• Somewhere in the Pasadena-Los Angeles area, there was a Studebaker trying to lead pigeons...

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	1719468

Comment

• A couple of ads that featured Studebakers, C. 1950 Motor Age.

Name:	IMG_3951.JPG
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	1719474Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3953.JPG
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1719475

Comment

• From today's Hemmings Blog. Could that be a 1964-1966 "Lark" taxicab on the extreme right side? (Light-colored body, dark-colored top with taxi device on top.) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• By the crease on the front wing, I'd say yes.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by christophe View Post
                          By the crease on the front wing, I'd say yes.
                          To translate for this side of the Atlantic, "wing" is fender.
                          It looks like a 1964-1965 Lark type to me.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            To translate for this side of the Atlantic, "wing" is fender.
                            It looks like a 1964-1965 Lark type to me.
                            I love the way Studebaker used terms from the wagon days like 'dash' and British terms like 'wing guard'
                            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              From today's Hemmings Blog. Could that be a 1964-1966 "Lark" taxicab on the extreme right side? (Light-colored body, dark-colored top with taxi device on top.)
                              It sure is!!

And look at that well-equipped Wagonaire in the lower left corner right by that 'Mass Envelope' sign.

Could that be rear of another '64-'65 Lark-type just below that 'Knai Shoes' sign up the one street?

Craig

Comment

• Man, you guys sure have good eyesight!
                                Ed Sallia
                                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                                X