54 Champion Conestoga in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    Nice to find those 'goodies' inside!...At some point in this car's life someone was thinking restoration!....Rare bird!...Good luck!
    Not that "rare". For 1954, there were more wagons than hardtops or two door sedans built. Only the coupes and four door sedans were higher production. There were 11,774 wagons produced for the 1954 model year. 63% of the 1954 model year were Champion models. I do not have the number of 1954 Champion wagons easily available.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Not that "rare". For 1954, there were more wagons than hardtops or two door sedans built. Only the coupes and four door sedans were higher production. There were 11,774 wagons produced for the 1954 model year. 63% of the 1954 model year were Champion models. I do not have the number of 1954 Champion wagons easily available.
      I'd be interested in the number of conestoga models made - more interested in the number remaining - I don't think there are many in the uk that's for sure .
      Always interested in the history of a car I own so thanks for the numbers

Comment

Looks like an old car from New England. I guess both countries have the same rust problems. Too bad. Cool wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by 65deluxe View Post
          I'd be interested in the number of conestoga models made - more interested in the number remaining - I don't think there are many in the uk that's for sure .
          Always interested in the history of a car I own so thanks for the numbers
          The number (11,774) that I gave for "wagons" is for Conestogas. Conestoga is simply the model name given to wagons by Studebaker (for 1954). I do not have the breakout for Champion Conestogas (wagons).

There is no way of knowing how many remain. I will give a guesstimate of 900.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            The number (11,774) that I gave for "wagons" is for Conestogas. Conestoga is simply the model name given to wagons by Studebaker (for 1954). I do not have the breakout for Champion Conestogas (wagons).

There is no way of knowing how many remain. I will give a guesstimate of 900.
            Thanks - always interesting to have an idea of remaining cars .

Comment

So things have been progressing slowly - I have to get the car a registration document which has lapsed as it was off the road for a long time - this is proving quite a drawn out process but I think we are getting there .
              Still trying to get it running - carb has been off and rebuilt and is passing fuel nicely and I have a good spark but try as I might I can't get it to fire - doesn't seem to be getting much fuel through to cylinder - so I'm going to recheck compression and go from there - onwards and upwards

Comment

Working...
              X