No announcement yet.

Lumpy's Lark build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work indeed Colin. A true sleeper she is. This is a little similar to my '70 Avanti project car (basically same frame). I also used a Lakewood scatter-shield, McLeod HD 11" clutch and a Doug Nash 5 Speed. I used a complete Lark suspended pedal assembly and it fit so sweetly that I even used the factory transmission mounting holes!
    Cudos for you daring to be different.
    Bill

Comment

I'm lovin it...if I were to build a Lark it would be something very close to what you have created. What's not to like here?...tons of patina, cool old-skool SW instruments, honest-to-God chevy orange sbc backed by a stick, fenderwell headers, steelies and dog-dishes, bench seat...yum yum! Only problem is that its not in my garage. cheers, junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

In post #9...is that a Bantam in the background...what's the story on it? cheers, junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I'm totally with Junior #17 on this!
          The only thing I would do different is the headers as I'm doing on Josephine now, cut-outs & the pipes ending behind the front wheels, like on this Dodge:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodge.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	1717419
          Last edited by Noxnabaker; 11-30-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            In post #9...is that a Bantam in the background...what's the story on it? cheers, junior
            Hey Junior , The Bantam belongs to the owner of the restoration shop where I work on the weekends.Its kind of a filler between other projects. If it were mine it would have A LOT more power, think it has about 25hp now

Comment

[QUOTE=Noxnabaker;1084804]I'm totally with Junior on this!
              The only thing I would do different is the headers as I'm doing on Josephine now, cut-outs & the pipes ending behind the front wheels, like on this Dodge: Yes I considered that idea..If you look closely at the black Lark in my earlier post you will see cut outs behind the front tire

Name:	Dodge.jpg
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	1717419[/QUYesOTE]

Comment

Yep, I also know that pic from the past & there was a discusion about it in the roadside side.
                Last edited by Noxnabaker; 07-20-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Colin,

I haven't looked at the Stude forum for a while - great to see your progress!

For the other members of the forum, I acquired the original 170cu 6 with 3 speed from Colin's '59 Lark.

My intention was to put everything into a late 20's Studebaker hot rod. All I had when I picked up the pieces from Colin was a '29 President frame, front fenders and a custom Jaguar from end. Since then, I've picked up a '24 Light Six touring car front half, a '27 radiator and shell, and '29 President headlights and rear fenders. I intend to use all sorts of various Studebaker parts I've acquired through the years, include speed parts like an Edelbrock intake, split exhaust manifolds and a finned aluminum head I had from an earlier aborted project. I've already installed some '63 Lark gauges in the dash.

I will post more in the future under its own separate entry, but here's the progress so far:
                  Attached Files
                  Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  \'60 Lark HT
                  \'63 Wagonaire
                  \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Nice Scott! Can't wait to see more pics , Glad the old Lark drivetrain didn't go to waste

Comment

I remember the hot rod mag about the hemi into Lark seem to remember picture from bottom of car and stating it was all bolted in picture of many bolts . Thought I had the mag but can"t find it. Glad you are using the 327 was and is a great period correct performance engine even though I'm not a big Chevy man unless it a 348-409 loved the look of valve covers. Guess that makes me a late 50s and 60s guy at heart

Comment

Originally posted by lumpy View Post
                        Part 9
                        The first shot is the inspiration for the build. From a 1960 hot rod article where a guy took a new Lark and stuffed a Hemi in it.
                        I saw this as a young boy and stuck with me ever since. Her are some finished shots of the car with the all important grill emblem.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]68865[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68866[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68867[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68868[/ATTACH]
                        Oh, such a great build. Wonderful stance I have learned my lesson with fancy paint. While I love it, I'm too nervous about paint chips & scratches.
                        You can just floor it & go. '59 '60 Larks were plentiful (for Studebaker) so it is nice to see them being modified & saved today.

I restored my 1976 car purchase from High School. Always kept it. 1960 Lark VI now R2 style 289 with power shift. Avanti chassis enhancements.
                        I also had fun coming up with my vanity plate. FASTUDE. I like your half baked plate selection too.

Love it
                        Stude-Preferred
                        Atlanta GA

Name:	60 Lark.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1720762 Click image for larger version

Name:	60 Lark stance.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1720763 Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker powered.jpg
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1720764

Comment

Originally posted by Stude-Preferred View Post
                          Oh, such a great build. Wonderful stance I have learned my lesson with fancy paint. While I love it, I'm too nervous about paint chips & scratches.
                          You can just floor it & go. '59 '60 Larks were plentiful (for Studebaker) so it is nice to see them being modified & saved today.
                          I totally agree with that idea. With Studebakers, the '59-'61 Larks are second only to the Scotsman series when it comes to the possible scope of customization. If I were to find a suitable project car, I would be sorely tempted to get creative with the design. Of course, it goes without saying that I would never chop up a clean survivor.
                          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Thanks Guys Any progress with your rat rod build Stude Preferred?

Comment

I don't know about progress , I think I'm loosing my mind. But I have gained a little on mine

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy204 View Post
                                I don't know about progress , I think I'm loosing my mind. But I have gained a little on mine
                                Thats OK Cowboy ...I lost mine along time ago thats what my friends said anyway when I hauled a pink Lark home ! Good to hear your'e making some progress on yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X