A new game has been released, identifying cars from the 1930s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
    98%. I got the Olds year wrong and i zoomed in on the Mercury emblem on the hood of the 39 so I cheated on that one. I've read a lot of magazine and books on old cars since I was a kid so I guess that helps.
    I received 84%, did not miss the OLDS, I own one.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

68%. Not bad for the current generation.

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
        I received 84%, did not miss the OLDS, I own one.
        That's cool.
        I should have know what year the car was since I like the movie "A Christmas Story"

Comment

93% -not bad for guy who is 39. Of course, I have been 39 for 40 years now, which gives me some advantage. It is noticeable that some of these cars were a few years advanced in styling, and you can see the influence on other cars a few years later, just by studying these examples. A couple of them I never would have known the year except by the choices they gave.
          Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
          See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

I went through this game with a friend, and he got all the makes right, but did not do so well on the years. I think if the questions were simply "What make and year?" , with no multiple choices given, I would have scored 20%, maybe less. I could not tell you the difference between 1930 vs 1932 Ford, 1935 vs 1936 Ford, same for Chevy, etc, and I would never have identified the Graham or the Hudson except by process of elimination.

Most makes went from the open fenders to the rounded full fenders in about 1935, and stayed with them until the late 40s. The 47 Kaiser was the first really modern body in the U.S., and like the Airflow, it just didn't sell very well. Failure of the Airflow has always been a mystery to me, coming at the beginning of the "art deco" period when furniture, appliances, trains and even trucks were being "streamlined", and some cars in Europe.
            Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
            See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Thanks for sharing, but I thought it was pretty easy and I guess my 100% is proof.-Bill

Comment

Missed one make and 2 years . I learned to drive in 30's cars and its still my favorites. Have a 39 Buick --and Oh a 62 Hawk

Comment

Easy. Got all the years right, but missed on the Mercury because I was too quick with my trigger finger so I got 98%. Much easier for me to do than cars of the 1970's.

Comment

89%, missed on the years. The original wheels and covers would have helped a lot. Been a long time since I saw some of these models.

Comment

41 out of 44, got all the makes, missed a few years.
                      Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

91%. Like a few others, I missed the years on a couple. And that Mercury . . . .
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Boy, most of you guys are great. I got only 75%, 33 out of 44.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I missed the year on two of them because I rushed my answer, but I got lucky on the make for one.
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

36 of 44 thanks to my dad, I'm 64 yrs
                              Mark Riesch
                              New Bern, NC

Comment

100% I've been in this hobby since 1956, so I had no trouble identifying these old roiling piles of misery.

Comment

Working...
                                X