1948 Land Cruiser Lower Fender Panel and Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1948 Land Cruiser Lower Fender Panel and Air Intake

I have just about everything I need to complete the restoration of my 1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser. The parts I still need are the stainless steel rear fender gravel shields and the two-part "panel and air intake." The panel and air intake is located below the fog lights and behind the front bumper.

Does anybody know where I might find these parts?

Joe
    grantwriter1@msn.com

Does Parmer(sp?) in Iowa still advertise in the Turning Wheels?
    They or the man (Mark?) who advertises from the Dakotas should have at least the sheet metal that you need.

Comment

Reply to SKYWAY about the lower fender air intake sheet metal panel for my 48 Land Cruiser

Originally posted by skyway View Post
      Does Parmer(sp?) in Iowa still advertise in the Turning Wheels?
      They or the man (Mark?) who advertises from the Dakotas should have at least the sheet metal that you need.
      Thanks for sending your reply, SKYWAY. I don't get the magazine, Turning Wheels, but I'll try to access their ads by using Google.

Joe

Comment

Part numbers and pictures?

I'd like to ask that we get in the habit of posting a picture and or part numbers of items like this. I can't picturewhat that pane looks like. I have some new and used parts that sometimeshave no part number so to ID any of these would be a great help for me. Maybe you too??

Comment

1948 Land Cruiser Lower Front Fender Air Intake Panel

Originally posted by (S) View Post
          I'd like to ask that we get in the habit of posting a picture and or part numbers of items like this. I can't picturewhat that pane looks like. I have some new and used parts that sometimeshave no part number so to ID any of these would be a great help for me. Maybe you too??
          Greetings from Northern Minnesota:

The lower front fender air intake panel comes in two pieces that are bolted together before installation. The official Studebaker part numbers are as follow:
          Right Panel---290244
          Left Panel---290245
          Unfortunately I don't have the capability right now of sending pictures. However, the panel appears on pages 248 and 250 of the 1947, 1948, 1949 Champion and Commander Chassis Parts Catalog, Second Edition, November 1950. I could copy those two pages and mail them to you if that would work.

Joe

Comment

Here 'ya go:
            Attached Files
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Thank You Very Much, Mr. Kurtruk

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
              Here 'ya go:
              What a nice thing to help me out trying to find that 1948 LC lower fender air intake panel. I live in a world where there aren't very many people who would do what you did. My world is full of people who live their lives by this One Rule: "Do unto others before they can do unto you."

It always gets to me when someone like you comes along.

Joe

Comment

I do not have those, I do show the hood ornament shelf worn nos, 1616-4 nos, 0502-84nos, 0502-23 nos in stock. There is also an unidentified latch panel, with the emblems , USED. I have 1 misc inner fender, nos not sure the model without a pic. Sorry my book collection has a few gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by typeSblood View Post
                  What a nice thing to help me out trying to find that 1948 LC lower fender air intake panel. I live in a world where there aren't very many people who would do what you did. My world is full of people who live their lives by this One Rule: "Do unto others before they can do unto you."

It always gets to me when someone like you comes along.

Joe
                  There are a lot of helpful people here. And in the Studebaker Driver's Club. I was just surprised some one didn't beat me to it.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I have some gravel shields from the 52 Commander four door. What other years and models would they fit?

Comment

Working...
                    X