MOPAR Cop Car Wheels/'62 Daytona Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your cop wheels

JP, What size tires are on that great looking car? I have the MoPar cop wheels off my old fire dept cop car and a 63 Avanti....see where this could go? Its a cold windy time here in Green Bay so trying to figure rim / tire size for the Avanti is a good warming exercise. Thx Sherm / Green Bay

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
      My daughter's 64 Daytona with 15 X 7 cop car wheels. Fit is perfect.
      It appears that you are using standard MOPAR hub caps and not the police/taxi car style. I think that the standard ones, without holes, look better on that sedan.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I was refering to the picture in #5 what to me looks like a Dart, & the ones I showed are what Volvo offered for the 123GT & P1800, but could also be bought from the local Volvo dealer in Sweden at the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	123GT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1717860

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
          I was refering to the picture in #5 what to me looks like a Dart, & the ones I showed are what Volvo offered for the 123GT & P1800, but could also be bought from the local Volvo dealer in Sweden at the time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69622[/ATTACH]
          ohhh, my ....what a beautiful GT...wish it were mine. cheers, junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            These are ordinary GM "Rally Wheel" reproductions available in the States at performance Parts Co's like Speedway or Summit as 5 on 4 1/2" Ford/MoPar Bolt Pattern, or GM Pattern.
            I don't believe any wheels in this post are anywhere close to looking like any GM rally wheel...if they are, what GM product were they on? Cheers, junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              I don't believe any wheels in this post are anywhere close to looking like any GM rally wheel...if they are, what GM product were they on? Cheers, junior
              Something like this, dual bolt pattern, they have different sizes availablehttps://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-55-5704

I bought 2R2's Mopar wheels(3rd pic) and put them on my '64 but decided to go with the wheel covers. Yeah, they do rub a little when you do a full turn.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 01-09-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post

I bought 2R2's Mopar wheels and put them on my '64 but decided to go with the wheel covers. Yeah, they do rub a little when you do a full turn.
                John, what size tires are you running now (the whitewalls in the two pics of the Daytona)?
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

In Rich's referencing to Volvo RWD wheels, they are supposed to be 5 on 4.25, unique to Volvo. And Bordeaux
                  Yeah, they do rub a little when you do a full turn.
                  Perfect fit in my books as nobody drives at full lock, just parking.
                  Bill

Comment

Something like this, dual bolt pattern, they have different sizes availablehttps://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-55-5704

I bought 2R2's Mopar wheels and put them on my '64 but decided to go with the wheel covers. Yeah, they do rub a little when you do a full turn.

That's the point I was trying to make...the GM rally wheels have 5 slots, the mopar cop wheels 6. The only GM rally wheels that I recall having 6 slots are the relativly uncommon earlish GTO/LeMans wheels. cheers, junior
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                      John, what size tires are you running now (the whitewalls in the two pics of the Daytona)?
                      I think they are 215/70/15 Firestone FR710. I'll have to double check at home later.

Yep. That's the size.
                      Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 01-09-2018, 06:47 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

I have those dual bolt pattern wheels on the back of my 52 because of the Sonoma rear end. They work fine, but I have to run full wheel covers because the front and rear are different.
                        Attached Files
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

JKelly:
                          Your original post mentioned Ford Ranger wheels.
                          As close as I can find the steel wheels where available on the following:
                          Ranger 1993-2009
                          Explorer 1993-2001
                          Mountaineer 1997-2001
                          Mazda B2300 [a rebadged Ranger pickup] 1994-2010
                          The wheels are steel with 8 oddball oval cutouts, either silver or black, 15"x 6", 5 on 4 1/2" bolt circle, 4" backspace, 2 3/4" center bore
                          You will need larger 13/16" hex wheelnuts with 60 degree taper [stock Studebaker are 3/4" hex]
                          Dorman #611-016-BP, 1/2" 20 right hand thread. [10 or 20- depends on year of car]
                          Dorman #611-031.1, 1/2" 20 left hand thread. [10 or 0 - " " " " " ]
                          Last edited by 55 56 PREZ 4D; 01-10-2018, 10:08 PM. Reason: added info
                          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                            JKelly:
                            Ranger 1993-2009
                            Explorer 1993-2001
                            Mountaineer 1997-2001
                            The wheels are steel with 8 oddball oval cutouts, either silver or black, 15"x 6", 5 on 4 1/2" bolt circle, 4" backspace, 2 3/4" center bore
                            You will need larger 13/16" hex wheelnuts with 60 degree taper [stock Studebaker are 3/4" hex]
                            Dorman #611-016-BP, 1/2" 20 right hand thread
                            Dorman #611-031.1, 1/2" 20 left hand thread.

I have a set of these wheels, got them at a junkyard. Have run them on a '63 Daytona, and have them on my '64 Daytona now. They fit both cars well. I did add the little 'nubs' to hold the full wheelcovers from rotating, duplicated the size and positioning from an original wheel. Used my MIG to add these nubs, after a little practice to find tune the amps and wire speed, it's pretty simple.

Here is a pic of what I got:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1717877
                            Last edited by r1lark; 01-09-2018, 01:36 PM.
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Yes,Mopar cop wheels are 30#each,my stock Dodge pickup were 20# each.Made for rough stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                                JKelly:
                                Ranger 1993-2009
                                Explorer 1993-2001
                                Mountaineer 1997-2001
                                Dorman #611-016-BP, 1/2" 20 right hand thread
                                Dorman #611-031.1, 1/2" 20 left hand thread.
                                Thank you for your help!! When one calls the junkyards the first thing they ask is what year are you looking for. This is very helpful!

Comment

Working...
                                X