Reason to vote Tuesday Nov. 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason to vote Tuesday Nov. 6

Don't know how many people take it serious to cast their ballot or just take it for granted. If you are not an active voter there is still time for you to register and perhaps cast your vote in honor of someone who gave his life in defense of the country. cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

That and love of the Constitution.
    Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
    Don't know how many people take it serious to cast their ballot or just take it for granted. If you are not an active voter there is still time for you to register and perhaps cast your vote in honor of someone who gave his life in defense of the country. cheers jimmijim

Comment

If you don't vote, you have no right to bitch.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

So...I wonder how long this thread will last before it's locked???

I plan to vote...my way of practicing exorcism

Seriously, having experienced hostile fire in combat, I really appreciate the privilege, right, opportunity, and responsibility.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          Bingo! I'd like to see 100% turnout. That would truly be democracy at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
            Agreed!.........
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

==========
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                So...I wonder how long this thread will last before it's locked???

Now why would they do that? I mean you are talking about SDC elections - Right? I see nothing about candidates , initiatives etc.. So, surely you must be talking about Studebaker related matters.
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” -Plato

Comment

To be clear, the Forum prohibition against politics is to specifically to ensure that our Forum is free from battling ideologies, endorsing or belittling public figures, or jousting with each other over personal beliefs. I think we can all agree that voting is a privilege not to be ignored or taken lightly Get out and vote, if you've not cast an early ballot!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Personally, I believe the right not to vote can be just as powerful as the right to vote. However, as I do feel that it is necessary right now, I will vote tomorrow in an informed and deliberate manner.
                      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

As soon as I turned 18 I registered to vote. I have made it my mission to vote in every election, local, state, federal since 1971. There are those who gave every measure for us to exercise that right & it's our duty, it's what we owe those who have gone before us who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for us to make a choice. It's not something I take lightly, nor should you. It's the least of what's required of us and binds us together as citizens of this great nation to honor those who saw to it that we can decide for ourselves, regardless of interference, foreign or domestic, those who we deem fit to represent us.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                          While I concur with your missive's intent, Jim, I don't know of anywhere someone can register to vote and vote on election day.

I've been a member of the Hendricks County Indiana Election Board, serving as both Polling Place Inspector and Judge, at least 30 years. Since my wife has formally retired from teaching, she has joined me working the polls.

Our alarm clocks are set for 4:15 AM Tuesday, November 6th. By Indiana law, we must be at our assigned Polling Place at 5:00 AM for pre-poll-opening exercises such as running what are called ZERO tapes on all the machines to prove there were no votes on them when the polls opened at 6 AM.

Then, we must remain there all day, not leaving for meals or anything else, from the time the polls open at 6 AM until they close at 6 PM. It then takes the best part of another hour to tally the machines (all electronic, thankfully) and return everything to the county courthouse. So please take it easy on the poll workers late in the day!

Meanwhile, here's an interesting thought I encountered today:

Life is Short: Be sure to spend as much time as possible arguing politics on the internet with strangers.

Happy Election Day, all. BP
                          Last edited by BobPalma; 11-05-2018, 06:26 PM.
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            While I concur with your missive's intent, Jim, I don't know of anywhere someone can register to vote and vote on election day.

I've been a member of the Hendricks County Indiana Election Board, serving as both Polling Place Inspector and Judge, at least 30 years. Since my wife has formally retired from teaching, she has joined me working the polls.

Our alarm clocks are set for 4:15 AM Tuesday, November 6th. By Indiana law, we must be at our assigned Polling Place at 5:00 AM for pre-poll-opening exercises such as running what are called ZERO tapes on all the machines to prove there were no votes on them when the polls opened at 6 AM.

Then, we must remain there all day, not leaving for meals or anything else, from the time the polls open at 6 AM until they close at 6 PM. It then takes the best part of another hour to tally the machines (all electronic, thankfully) and return everything to the county courthouse. So please take it easy on the poll workers late in the day!

Meanwhile, here's an interesting thought I encountered today:

Life is Short: Be sure to spend as much time as possible arguing politics on the internet with strangers.

Happy Election Day, all. BP
                            I posted Monday as registration was open. jimmijim
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Bob P., Hawaii now allows folks to register and vote both on election day with proper id and filling out an affidavit form. I believe it is a recent law as we have a really poor turnout each year, so this is hoped to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X