53 coupe radiator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: 53 coupe radiator.

I need a radiator or a re-core for my 53 Champion coupe. does anyone have any recommendations ? I am in south Georgia.
    Neil Thornton

Studebaker International is in the process of having them made in aluminum. Stephen brought a sample back from South Bend last week and it was test fitted into his '53. Not sure when S.I. plans on having them in stock to sell but it's in the works.

If it helps to find a used one, a radiator from any '53-55 car, coupe or sedan, should work.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
      Studebaker International is in the process of having them made in aluminum. Stephen brought a sample back from South Bend last week and it was test fitted into his '53. Not sure when S.I. plans on having them in stock to sell but it's in the works.

If it helps to find a used one, a radiator from any '53-55 car, coupe or sedan, should work.
      What's this? A young dog teaching an old dog new tricks. >G>

Neil, if you get up this way, you can have the one I took out of Buttercuo. It was holding water when I took it out.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
        What's this? A young dog teaching an old dog new tricks. >G>

Neil, if you get up this way, you can have the one I took out of Buttercuo. It was holding water when I took it out.
        Thanks Jerry, Might be worth a trip up there. BTW did you ever get any front bumpers for 53 in stock?
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Neil, I've got an extra radiator for the GT's if that would help. I really don't know it's condition though. I also have an extra front bumper from a GT as well. If I can help, let me know. Bill

Comment

Unfortunately, the Low HOOD height of the '53 to '55's precludes a "High Hood" Hawk Radiator even coming Close to fitting.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
              Neil, I've got an extra radiator for the GT's if that would help. I really don't know it's condition though. I also have an extra front bumper from a GT as well. If I can help, let me know. Bill
              Thanks Bill, but the bumper is exclusive to 53-54. The radiator must come from 53-55.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                Thanks Jerry, Might be worth a trip up there. BTW did you ever get any front bumpers for 53 in stock?
                The radiator is yours if and when you want it.
                Sorry, I don't have any extra ' 53-4 front bumpers.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                  The radiator is yours if and when you want it.
                  Sorry, I don't have any extra ' 53-4 front bumpers.
                  Thanks Jerry, I definately want it. I pulled mine back out, found the hole and applied some JB Weld today. Put it back in and let it set. Tomorrow I'll put some water in and see what happens.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                  X