Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it OK if I'm offended? <GGG>

1955 Packard Clipper similar to Chevy?

Them's fightin' words to a Packard man, but, hey, that's what the seller says:

I think I can understand the seller's feedback rating, having read the hyperbole associated with this car's sale.

To wit:

Depending on what part of the listing you read, it's worth either $16,000 or $20,000 "if perfect." Yeah, right, for the cheapest 1955 Packard they made. It's an early car, too; the 33rd DeLuxe 4-door made, by serial number. With all thr troubles they had in early in 1955 production...and before multiple recalls...

Many DeLuxes did not have Torsion-Level suspension, so this may be a conventional-suspension car, although there's no way to tell from this listing, either visually or through the -ahem- "description." (Torsion-level suspension was optional at extra cost on 1955 Clipper Supers and DeLuxes; standard equipment on 1955 Clipper Customs.)

Driver quality with soft brakes and interior trim missing, too. The Driver Quality is amended later in the listing to say the car is capable of being driven onto a carrier! Is that a new definiftion of Driver Quality? <GGG>

Check out the "crack" in the windshield, which implies one singular crack. Look above the steering wheel in the drivers line of sight! Yep; that's some "crack" alright!

And you Germans, Swedes, and Aussies; where are you on this '50s Americana bargain? <GGG>

'Gotta love e-bay. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

That is just his way of flagging the add to guys looking for 55 56 chevies.
    The add is FAR from the worst I have read on ebay.
    It is ok if you want to be offened, I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
      That is just his way of flagging the add to guys looking for 55 56 chevies.
      The add is FAR from the worst I have read on ebay.
      It is ok if you want to be offened, I am not.
      Just having some fun, Kelly, hence the <GGG>

I'm not really offended either. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I don't know what the GGG is. Is it Giggles or something like that?
        I am computer illiterate....almost totally illiterate...definately computer.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
          I don't know what the GGG is. Is it Giggles or something like that?
          I am computer illiterate....almost totally illiterate...definately computer.
          OOPS, Sorry, Kelly; it is kind of like you suggest: For grins and giggles.

It indicates the post or remark is "for entertainment purposes only;" isn't to be taken seriously, that it is made in jest. BP

Comment

Somewhere, on some Chevy forum, somebody is having a very similar conversation to this one.
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              1955 Packard Clipper similar to Chevy?
              Well, Packard did use a few Delco parts!! Whether they are an excact match to Chevrolet or not, I'm not sure!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                Somewhere, on some Chevy forum, somebody is having a very similar conversation to this one.
                'Prolly so, Jim; 'prolly so! BP

Comment

"$20K if perfect?" Well.....maybe.

Definition of PERFECT
                  a : being entirely without fault or defect : flawless <a perfect diamond> b : satisfying all requirements : accurate c : corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept <a perfect gentleman> d : faithfully reproducing the original; specifically : letter-perfect e : legally valid

And for only $50K, you could make it so.

Comment

Well.... it's shiny!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X