johnny wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnny wagon

a few weeks ago i watched a episode of DEATH VALLEY DAYS. it was about a man who made wheel barrows. as the episode progressed the man was despondent over lack of sales. so he told hts friend that he was leaving the state and was going to move to INDIANA. i still had no clue what this was all about untill later in the episode when started building wagons in SOUTH BEND INDIANA. well you probably guess it by now. yeah you are right it was the start of STUDEBAKER. this episode was 50 years old. i just thought you guys would like hearing this. LEONARD.

Is it on youtube?

Comment

I wonder why they didn't just tell the TRUTH?

His Nickname was "Wheelbarrow Johnny", he was John Studebaker, and he did not have a sales problem there were PLENTY of Calif. Gold Miners wanting the "Best" Wheelbarrows, his Brothers needed his help and Money to produce the Wagons they had sold to the U.S. Army!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

From the imdb........
        season 7 episode 19
        31 Jan. 1959
        Wheelbarrow JohnnyInnocent John Studebaker arrives in Hangtown hoping to make his fortune as a miner. But con men take advantage and leave him broke. His talent for making wheelbarrows gives him enough for a grubstake until fate intervenes and he begins a different future.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Provided to YouTube by CDBabyWheelbarrow Johnny · Joe JencksPoets, Philosophers, Workers & Wanderers℗ 2017 Joe JencksReleased on: 2017-05-01Auto-generated by...

Provided to YouTube by CDBabyWheelbarrow Johnny · Jack HardyLandmark℗ 1982 Jack HardyReleased on: 1982-02-01Auto-generated by YouTube.

Enjoy the story of how John Mohler Studebaker took a wagon train west to Placerville in 1853 to get rich mining gold but discovered his true riches were to b...
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

MRS K CORBIN t really don't know. i never thought about that. good idea.

Comment

JANUARY issue of classic cars there is a 2 page spread showing 1947 studebakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                Is it on youtube?
                Not that particular episode, though there ARE a number of Death Valley Days episodes. I enjoy seeing those old shows from the fifties and recognizing very young actors who went on to memorable careers.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                X