Does this look like fuel hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this look like fuel hose?

While I prepare to replace the steel lines on my 52 pickup, I am pulling the fuel tank. When I removed the seat back I found this hose. It was wrapped with a shop towel secured with a couple of strips of electrical tape. At first I thought someone had used defroster duct hose, but realized this is much heavier. Is this a type of fuel hose or some kind of coolant hose?
    More of the voyage of discovery working on an old vehicle.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Looks to be Marine compliant fuel hose which is of woven construction to endure harsh operating conditions. Obviously safe for road conditions if properly installed.

Comment

Originally posted by willys54 View Post
      Looks to be Marine compliant fuel hose which is of woven construction to endure harsh operating conditions. Obviously safe for road conditions if properly installed.
      You are probably right. I finally managed to break it loose from the sealer they put at the bottom end and get it off. It is a Gates hose and says it is for fuel. I was not familiar with this type. I bought lots of the rigid fuel hose we called "stick hose" for the trucking company I used to work for. This hose is slightly flexible...emphasis on slightly.
      I may reuse some of the hose since the filler pipe was cut shorter. Joe already found me a good boot for the floor and thinks he has the curved hose for the bottom end. Unfortunately, I am going to have to use the ill fitting, over large, grommet that is on the outside because the truck was painted with it in place. If I use the proper one there will be an area of old paint showing. Oh well......
      Attached Files
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

It least we KNOW it is not the Correct and Available, Molded Filler Hose, is it Alcohol resistant? Maybe.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X