Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Hawks and Craigs List. What gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Hawks and Craigs List. What gives?

I was researching all the Craig's Lists citys looking for a Hawk for sale. I noticed there are about 3 or 4 Hawks that are listed in many citys at very low prices. I assume they were some kind of scam, but it makes no sense. I replied to the owners asking to see the car. I never get a response! These people are spending a lot of time placing the ads in different citys (and states) and keeping them on top of the list. Why? Where is the scam? They don't respond to questions so what are they up to? A black hawk that mentions Johnny Lightning is in several states all over the US but will not respond to any questions. You can't scam someone unless you talk to them. Any ideas?

Don't call!

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
      Don't call!
      That is good advice. I experienced the same kind of listings when looking for a BMW motorcycle. There would be an ad for the same late model bike listed in big cities from New York to Florida. I think some of these ads are scammers attempting to gain access to your email address and your phone numbers. The reason you get no response is that they are really after any info you can provide by the way you communicate with your inquiry. There is a whole group of scammers who somehow make money selling and trading email addresses and phone numbers.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Maybe so jclary!

Comment

Phishers, Fishers, Crooks, that's ALL they are!

The "Other" thing that Bugs me is, all these in or out of Country "Foreigners" that as soon as you find an eBay item you want, you get all the "suggestions" at the bottom of the screen from others beating the original seller's Price, sometimes not, but totally COPYING (Stealing) the original Ad, Photos and all for exactly the SAME item.

I blame eBay for not seeing what is going on and stopping these people.

The other "Trick" is; the SAME person has 6 different Names and Stores, some in China some here, and they will even compete with themselves on price, and IF you choose the cheapest one, for sure you will end up waiting 3-4 weeks for it to come from China, and they are hoping you will miss the tiny "Location" entry.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There is a nice looking "garage find" with low miles on c.l. Los Vegas

Comment

There is a 56 Flight Hawk that looks clean on the Albuquerque craigslist also.

Comment

Working...
              X