ID:	1716526

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170922_183424936.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	1716527

Finally some real decent pics in real daylight

Comment

It has a nice look! Looks like a good honest car.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

The v6 6 spd sounds like a good replacement for the i6.

Adding elect power steering to a properly rebuild front end with modern disc brake conversion is a lot less work.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171001_130920942-2099x1181.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1716731

The lark found it's new home. Nice and dry.

Comment

I went to look at that one before I found mine, that one was in San Clemente Ca. right?.

EDIT......I just clicked the link on your post, it's the same one.
            Last edited by 1oldtimer; 11-26-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I put a '67 8" in my '60 wagon, 3/4" wider and had to move the spring pads.

Girlfriend drives it to work many times a week in stock form (upgraded to disc brakes) and she loves it.

Comment

When you install your Ididit steering column, you will be able to get SERIOUS Bucks for that '55 Packard Steering Wheel if you don't trash it!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Congrats on a fine ride! I have always been a fan of Larks (especially wagons) as they are Studebaker's last true-blue success. Glad to see yours is in fine fettle.
                  Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 12-28-2017, 05:11 PM.
                  Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

So FYI, after thinking this through a little more my plans have evolved some.
                    Currently, I plan on keeping as much as I can (of the chassis) Studebaker. I will be swapping the engine out to keep it a fun driver with modern traffic. A 2000 Bonneville SSEI with a supercharged 3800 v6 fell into my lap. So that will be the replacement engine. That will get mated to a 4L60E auto from a f-body. It will probably get lowered a little with some new springs and shocks, and then disc brakes up front and I'll think that will be about it.

I really hate the front seat, so I'll be looking for suggestions on better seat up front.

I'll be keeping the steering wheel, that thing is just 2 cool not to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                      Congrats on a fine ride! I have always been a fan of Larks (especially wagons) as they are Studebaker's last true-blue success. Glad to see yours is in fine fettle.
                      Thanks! It should be a fun ride to get out and about!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 1oldtimer View Post
                      I went to look at that one before I found mine, that one was in San Clemente Ca. right?.

EDIT......I just clicked the link on your post, it's the same one.

Any reason you passed on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Studelarkrod View Post
                        Currently, I plan on keeping as much as I can (of the chassis) Studebaker. I will be swapping the engine out to keep it a fun driver with modern traffic. A 2000 Bonneville SSEI with a supercharged 3800 v6 fell into my lap. So that will be the replacement engine. That will get mated to a 4L60E auto from a f-body. It will probably get lowered a little with some new springs and shocks, and then disc brakes up front and I'll think that will be about it.

I really hate the front seat, so I'll be looking for suggestions on better seat up front.
                        Studebaker had a couple different bucket seats in the Hawks, Avanti, and later Larks - might need small modifications, but can fit in that earlier Lark.

If the lottery ever was won in our household, it would be fun to put a modern drive train in a Lark - something like the 1.6 liter (90 cu inches) ecoboost out of a Fiesta ST in a Lark - some guys are getting 300+ horsepower with just bolt ons - lot of fun to play around with.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                          Studebaker had a couple different bucket seats in the Hawks, Avanti, and later Larks - might need small modifications, but can fit in that earlier Lark.

If the lottery ever was won in our household, it would be fun to put a modern drive train in a Lark - something like the 1.6 liter (90 cu inches) ecoboost out of a Fiesta ST in a Lark - some guys are getting 300+ horsepower with just bolt ons - lot of fun to play around with.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks! I'm super excited to get going, unfortunately I am just setting up my work shop at the house my wife and I have purchased, so I am currently waiting for a little warmer weather to get going on it.
                          The 3800 SCv6 makes 240hp stock, with a few mods, like a supercharger pulley, headers, cam, and a good tune, I should be able to get around 300hp pretty easy. I think that should make a decent driver.

Comment

As far as a replacement seat is concerned, I too found the bench seat in my 60 to be uncomfortable. I put an early Monte Carlo (1981) 60/40 split bench in my convert. Made up brackets from 1 1/2 inch angle stock and deleted the head rest. Had the car judged twice and no one noticed the change. And oh so much more comfortable. Just a suggestion.
                            Bob
                            Bob
                            Welland Ontario
                            60 Lark Convertible
                            64 Daytona
                            sigpic
                            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Working...
                            X