No announcement yet.

INTERSTATE Group 24 Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that if you buy the Interstate Powerfast Series, 530 CA, 18 Month, "cheapy" for only $100.00, you are NOT a CASO or even Economy Minded!

You are "Value Minded"!! The PC alternative!

DO NOT let ANY Batt. seller sell you the Group 34 "replacement" Batteries, they have the wrong HEIGHT to fit properly.

Does their Group 24 fit the Hold Down and Stock "J" Bolts etc. OK?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-12-2018, 04:32 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My friendly local mechanic says they were great batteries, but, like every other company, they "outsourced" and they are not so hot any more. It is luck more than anything. Couple days ago had to replace the battery in my little tractor; it was 11 years old (New Holland) The counter guy sold me a new one that looked just like it for $100 and a guarantee that it would not last 11 years.

Comment

I will bet you if you look at your old battery that lasted a long time before you turn it in you will see made in the USA. your new one will most likely say made in China.

Comment

I use "Alaska Gold" Batteries, they are sold at my Local Auto Electric Shop that rebuilds my Starters and Generators.

They are supposed to have CAST Lead Plates instead of the pressed/stamped type that the cheapy's sold at Auto Parts Stores have.

These have a LOT of CA & CCA's for the Price.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
            I will bet you if you look at your old battery that lasted a long time before you turn it in you will see made in the USA. your new one will most likely say made in China.
            Actually most likely say it was made in Mexico. The cost of shipping likely still favors Mexico over China.

Curious, if you take a shorted 900 CCA battery, cut it open and scrape out all the lead deposits shorting it out in the bottom, then put it back together, maybe you get a 500 CCA functional battery???
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Hate is a very strong word, dislike would be more appropriate..
              Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I hate those bright green batteries, especially in older vehicles.
              I understand that Interstate is changing the appearance of their batteries very soon.

EDIT: I see that you received a nice new battery that was only made last month. Some places keep batteries in stock for long periods of time. That is something to check when purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                Hate is a very strong word, dislike would be more appropriate..
                Hate is an intense dislike. How do you know how strongly I feel about something? Dislike MAY be more appropriate for you, but not for me.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
                  My friendly local mechanic says they were great batteries, but, like every other company, they "outsourced" and they are not so hot any more. It is luck more than anything. Couple days ago had to replace the battery in my little tractor; it was 11 years old (New Holland) The counter guy sold me a new one that looked just like it for $100 and a guarantee that it would not last 11 years.
                  A new selling tool for battery guarantees! Guarantee that a battery WON'T last a certain period of time . I love it! At least there won't be any misunderstandings later on.

Comment

Interstate battery was formed by John Searchy in 1952..............he hauled batteries around in the back of his Studebaker p/u!

Comment

So in other words you would categorize and ascribe that word to batteries and lets say neo-Nazis? Glad I did not attend English classes in your former schools.
                      Hate is an intense dislike. How do you know how strongly I feel about something? Dislike MAY be more appropriate for you, but not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                        So in other words you would categorize and ascribe that word to batteries and lets say neo-Nazis? Glad I did not attend English classes in your former schools.
                        My education was fine. Your definition of the word is much narrower/different than my definition or the prime definition in my dictionary ("dislike intensely").

I do not dislike the batteries. I dislike the color of the battery when in the engine compartment of an old car.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It works well for me when I describe the taste certain foods. If I tell someone how much I absolutely HATE the taste of something, they will no longer offer it to me.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            It works well for me when I describe the taste certain foods. If I tell someone how much I absolutely HATE the taste of something, they will no longer offer it to me.

Craig
                            Really? I do not like pot roast. never have. Can't tell you the number of times someone's wife has said "but you haven't tried MY pot roast." Then I have to suffer through another meal of something I already told them I do not like. They always expect me to pretend I did like it to be polite. Insult to injury, says I. Is it so hard to believe that someone does not like something that almost everyone else likes? I guess so.

BTW, Costco here in the Bay Area has Interstate batteries.
                            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Was working on a customer car the other day which had a new “parts store “ battery. It said made in Saudi Arabia on it!
                              61 lark cruiser
                              64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
                                Was working on a customer car the other day which had a new “parts store “ battery. It said made in Saudi Arabia on it!
                                A RED CAMEL battery I once had in a '61 Lark I owned comes to mind.

I Googled 'Red Camel battery', and all I get is a vintage radio advertising them: https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/unknow...red_camel.html

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X